33- Date night

Tom's P.O.V

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Great. See you soon." I said and cut the call.
"Who was that?" Y/n asked, biting into the apple she was holding.
"Uh, no one." I lied.

It was Curtis, my agent. The Spider-Man contract had been renewed, which meant that there would now be a sequel to 'Homecoming". 
They wanted to do a meeting soon, so I had to fly back to Atlanta in a few weeks. I had to tell Y/n soon but now was not exactly the right time. I had a plan to tell her in the most perfect way. I'd take her out on a romantic date, do some fun stuff and then tell her the news, hopefully not ruining the night.
"Oh, okay." she shrugged.

"I need your help." I barged into Sofi's room.
"Nothin' new. What's up?" 
"So, I'm going to have to leave for Atlanta in a few weeks because we're going to film the new Spider-Man movie and I want to take Y/n out on a really special date and then tell her...so any ideas on what I can do?" 
"Wow brother, calm down. I do have a few ideas." she smirked.
"Go on."

"What are you doing tomorrow night?" I asked Y/n, pecking her cheek.
"Nothing. Why do you ask?" she raised her eyebrows in a sarcastic manner.
"You're going on a date with me. Dress fancy." I whispered, making her slightly shiver.
"Sounds good, Thomas."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/n's P.O.V

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I entered the gift shop and looked around. There were so many things to choose from. 
Tom had planned a date for us and I wanted to get him a little something, like he got me the daisy pendant. My eyes spotted a grey neck chain with a small dog tag. I picked it and went to the cashier.

"Hello." I greeted him.
"Hi, how can I help you?" he smiled.
"Um, I like this chain. Can you like, add some words on the tag?" I asked.

"Yes I can. These are a part of our customizable collection." he paused, "Here, write down the words on this." he handed me a piece of paper and pen, "And I'll engrave them."
"Okay, sounds great." I grinned.

"Hope to see you soon!" he said as I made my way out.
"Hope to be back soon." I chuckled.
The neck chain was perfect, Tom would love it.

Time skip to the date

As per Tom's words, I tried to dress fancily even though it wasn't really my comfort zone. I shaded my eye lids with a beige matte colour and some glittery highlighter. I curled my eyelashes and put some mascara on them, used a peach blush on my cheeks and put on lip gloss.

 I curled my eyelashes and put some mascara on them, used a peach blush on my cheeks and put on lip gloss

I chose to wear a grey satin gown with a pair of strappy beige heels

I chose to wear a grey satin gown with a pair of strappy beige heels. I curled my hair to make some beachy waves and accessorized with some small hoops and the daisy necklace that I always wore.

"Mum, dad, I'm going out." I called out.
"Have fun honey!" Mum replied.
"I will. Bye!"

Tom had texted me to meet him in his backyard. I walked over to his house and went round the back. The light given out by the tiny bulbs twinkled from afar. Once I had finally stepped on the soft grass with my heels, I saw the whole set up. Tiny bulbs were hanging, their ends attached to the trees. There was a small table in the middle, a white cloth placed on it with some flowers and candles on top. Two plates, glasses and two chairs were located at both ends of the table, a few pots were kept on the side along with a champagne bottle. 
Tom was standing a few meters away from me, a small smile on his face.
I ran towards him, circling my arms around his neck, burying my head into his chest.
"This is beautiful, Tom!" I praised his hard work.
"Sofia and the twins helped." he said, not taking the full credit himself; as always.
We pulled away and his eyes analyzed my body.
"Oof, somebody took fancy to another level." he smirked.
"Shut up, Thomas." I rolled my eyes as he pulled out a chair for me to sit.

"I have a surprise for you." Tom said, taking out his phone from the pocket.
"You're really spoiling me, you know." I giggled.
"A princess should be spoiled." he said, making me laugh.
All of a sudden, 'Fly me to the Moon' by Bobby Womack started playing, loudly. Tom had brought a speaker as well.
"May I have this dance?" he held out his hand.
"You may." I nodded and placed my hand on his.
As my head lay on his chest, my hands around his neck and his around my waist, we swayed to the music.
"I-I have a little something for you as well." I looked up at him.
I took the small box out of my purse and handed it to him.
He opened it and his face instantly lit up, a huge grin spreading across his face.
He took out the chain and read the engraving which made him laugh. I smiled at the sight. He quickly put it around his neck.

"To the person whose laugh is funnier than his jokes. Love you, always and forever." Tom read it out, still laughing, "I love it, darling. It's perfect."
"I knew you'd like it." I replied.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third person's P.O.V

"Okay, I have to tell you something." Tom blurted out.
The smile on his face disappeared. He was looking down, fiddling with his fingers, nervously. 
"What's going on?" Y/n asked, a bit concerned.
"Yesterday, when you asked me who had called, it was Curtis..." he started, "...There's gonna be a new Spider-Man movie and uh, I have to be in Atlanta in a few weeks for meetings and then filming. I didn't tell you anything at that moment because it wouldn't have been the right time. I'd understand, or at least try to understand if you decided to storm off and hate me forever." 
Tom really did think his girlfriend would break up with him. This just proved how adorably childish he was.

Y/n scoffed and then let out a small chuckle.

"You're-you're laughing?" Tom's eyes widened.
"I don't want to storm off and I definitely don't hate you. It's fine, we'll be fine. Besides, it's only for a few months. We'll survive." 
"Oh thank god! I thought you were gonna break up with me." Tom sighed and then laughed.

The music was still playing in the background. Tom felt like a huge burden had been lifted off his chest and he decided to celebrate that by finishing the dance with his beautiful girlfriend.

And yet again, they spent a wonderful night together and everything seemed so perfect. But if only they knew what the future had in store for them.