44- Vacation?

Tom's P.O.V

"Tom over here!"
"Tom over here, over here!"
"Tom one picture!"
"Are the rumors true? Are you romantically involved with Y/n?"
"Tom how's your girlfriend?"

I tried to walk through the crowd, absolutely hating how ugly this matter had gotten. It'd been 2 weeks since the pictures had been leaked, pictures of something that didn't even happen. Y/n and I ignored public places as much as we could. I was working from the hotel, where I couldn't stay too long either because every time I went somewhere out of my room in the building, I was swarmed with crowds of people who were too curious for their own good.

"Please make way." Hunter yelled from behind.
"Yes, please move. Thank you!" he yelled again as we got into the car.
"This is fucked up. It's getting outta hand." I let out a frustrated sigh.
"It'll die out, just give it some time." Hunter patted me on the back. I nodded in response.

"What if we went back home?" I suddenly asked.
"Uh- but you have work here and Y/n has college-"
"We should take a vacation." I cut off Hunter.
"What?!" he looked at me with widened eyes.
"Both of us could use one. Somewhere distant, quiet." I continued.
"I mean you're not wrong about needing a break but you should talk to her first, you know."
"Yeah of course I'll do that." I took a breath, "Fuck I-I don't know what's going on with me. I-I'm just so stressed and- oh fuck."
"Hey, it's alright Tom. Don't worry about it so much, it's going to be okay. Just take deep breaths yeah." he tried to reassure me.

I did as Hunter said, feeling a bit better than before. All this was getting to me. I've never had such personal photos leaked and now, I was more scared for Y/n than I've ever been for myself. She didn't even do anything and I couldn't help but feel that all the fame and attention that I'd gotten was to blame- that I was at fault.
The paparazzies didn't know their limits and I'd never forgive myself if they somehow hurt Y/n.

"Yeah, I'm just scared for Y/n. She's having to deal with all of this and it's been so hard for her you know."
"She'll be alright Tom."
"Mhm yeah she will be."

Y/n's P.O.V

"Can you not stare at her like that?" Ashley said to a boy who was staring at me while we were walking down the hallway.
"Ash, it's fine, leave it." I whispered, not wanting to start an argument.
Ashley shot me a glare but her expression softened soon enough.
"Have you talked to Sofia or Tom?" she questioned as we settled down at a table in the cafeteria.
"I talked to Tom but not Sof, she's been super busy." I sighed.
"Oh." Ash pouted. "So I've been thinking," she said after a long pause, "Maybe you should get out of here."
"Huh?" my eyebrows furrowed, "What do you mean 'get out of here'?"
"Well this has been a lot to deal with and you know it's been a while since it happened, so maybe taking a break from all this won't be that bad."
I looked down at my open textbook and thought about what Ashley just said. She wasn't wrong.

"Hmm." I said after a while, "Maybe, I-I don't know." I shrugged.
"Think about it yeah?"
"I will."

Tom's P.O.V

"So we start filming in a week. The tickets will be e-mailed to you, you got nothing to worry about. Be ready, we're looking forward to this." Timothy said, handing me the last lot of the contract papers.
"Yes absolutely, can't wait." I smiled and signed them.
"See you in Paris, Tom."
"See ya." I waved goodbye at the production team and exited the office.

Paris
Great destination for a vacation.

I walked out of the building and got into the car, instantly taking out my phone and texting Y/n.

Me: Hey, wanna meet up for coffee, got something to tell u.
Y/n ❤: sure. wired in 10?
Me: omw x

"Where to sir?" Ben asked.
"Wired."

Y/n's P.O.V

I was meeting up with Tom at Wired and I wanted to look cute.
With all this happening, I've realized that the paparazzi would definitely be following us as they have probably put a GPS tracker on Tom since they know where he is almost all the time, so I wanted to look cute incase they decided to print more of our pictures on the tabloids.
I put on a pair of wide leg jeans and a Pink Floyd t-shirt, which I'd stolen from Harrison. I decided to let my hair be as it was since I'd shampooed it the day before and it looked extremely nice and fluffy. The outfit was casual but I looked good.
"I'm heading out. See you later." I told Ashley.
"Work?"
"No I have my day off. I'm going to see Tom."
"'Kay be careful. Bye."
"Bye bye." I mumbled and grabbed my wallet, phone and keys.

The walk to Wired was not that bad. Luckily I didn't get too many stares but a little girl did come up to me asking for a picture and obviously I agreed. Did that mean that I had fans? Probably not. I went inside the shop, instantly being greeted by a strong smell of coffee, something I'd gotten used to. My eyes searched for the brunette boy and soon spotted him at the corner table, scrolling through his phone.

"Hey you." I leaned over the table Tom was sitting at.
"Hey you." he looked up and gave me a warm smile,
Ah, that smile.
I pulled out the chair and sat down.
"What's up?" he asked.
"Other than being asked for a picture while coming here, nothing much." I shook my head.
"Oooo, who asked for the pic?"
"A little girl. She was so cute and she had pigtails." I pouted making Tom laugh.
"You have a thing for pigtails or what?"
"Haha oh my God, Tom, you're so damn funny." I said sarcastically.
"I know right." he scrunched his nose, making me chuckle, "Did you order something?"
"Yep, chai latte."
"Of course." he smiled, "So I gotta tell you something."
"Oh yeah what's up?"
"Uh, so, we start filming in a week and I'm gonna have to go to Paris."