24- I'm home!

Tom's P.O.V

"And CUT!" Jon yelled as we finished filming the last seen of the movie.
"And that's a wrap people!" Kevin shouted.
Everybody started exclaiming out of joy, hugging and cleaning up.
"Good job everyone. We're very proud of each and every one of you. Go home and get some rest." Jon said.

I could finally go home. I was thrilled and also a bit nervous. I couldn't wait to see everyone but at the same time, I hoped Y/n would be happy to see me.

Y/n's P.O.V

"ONLY 1 DAY LEFT TILL GRADUATION!" Sofia yelled.
"Geez Sof, the fuck!" I groaned.
It was 9 a.m in the morning and I was woken up by a super-hyper Sofia.
"Gosh wake up sleepyhead. I'm sure you would've already started making out if Tom woke you up." she sassed.
"Ugh will you stop comparing yourself to Tom." I rolled my eyes.
"Get up! Get up! Get up!" Sof started to hit me.
"Holy cow, Sofia."
I got out of bed and checked my phone. No messages from Tom.
We hadn't talked properly in about two weeks. I tried to understand that he had to prioritize work but sometimes it got really annoying. Since there was only a day left till the ceremony, I decided to go over my speech and do some last minute editing.

Tom's P.O.V

I put the pair of socks into the small pocket of my suitcase and closed it. Harrison was in his room, packing up his stuff.
"Ready mate?" I called out as the cab which was supposed to take us to the airport had arrived.
"Yep."
The car ride was silent. We listened to some old rock songs on the radio and after 45 minutes, we finally arrived at the airport.
Haz and I walked in, hoping not to get attacked by the paparazzi. Luckily there was no media anywhere near us. We quickly checked in and boarded the plane. Jon had lent us his private jet so that we could reach London as fast as possible. The flight attendants checked all the mechanics and confirmed that we were good to fly. So, the plane took off.

Y/n's P.O.V

I recited my speech in front of the mirror for the fourteenth time but I was fumbling. I took a deep breath and drank some water and started once again.
"You're going to bore the shit out of that piece of paper if you say it one more time you know." Sofia sighed.
"I have to get this right. I can't afford to embarrass myself in front of our whole class and the teachers." I explained.
"Girl you need a break. Why don't you call Tom?" she asked.
"He's busy and I don't wanna disturb him."
"He's never busy for you." she pouted.
"No. No. Nope. I'm not going to disturb him. I don't wanna be a clingy girlfriend." I sighed.
"Fine. Your choice. But I am not going to let you torture that piece of paper." Sof said and snatched it from my hand.
"Hey I have my whole speech written on that. Come back here." I ran down the stairs, following Sofia.
"C'mon Y/n/n, let's watch a movie. Do anything other than recite that speech one more freaking time." Sof pleaded.
"Ugh. Fine." I caved in.
"Yay." she jumped like a little girl.
We put on 'Friends' on Netflix and I made some popcorn. Our parents were out for a double date and the boys were minding their own business. The rest of the day went by pretty fast. Sofia and I baked cookies and watched some more movies and tv shows.

Tom's P.O.V

I was reading a book when the intercom buzzed.
"We will be landing in 15 minutes. Fasten your seatbelts. This is your Captain, Jacob Smith, signing off."
Haz was scrolling through his phone.
"You know mate, we got lucky today. Nobody posted pictures of us at the airport nor did any fans come up. The universe is in your favour. " he smirked.
"I know." I smiled, " Now we just have to get home without anyone leaking pictures. "
"We got this."

The flight landed and Haz and I picked out luggages from the carousel. I was wearing a big oversized hoodie and sunglasses that covered my whole face. Haz was also wearing a similar outfit. We got into the cab that I'd booked beforehand and drove home.

We dropped off Haz and I got out as well. My house was just 5 minutes away from Haz's. It was 11 p.m at night and I was pretty sure everyone was asleep. So the sound of a car pulling up in the middle of the road out of the blue might've startle some people. And besides, I did not have a lot of suitcases or bags, so I could handle it just fine.

I walked up to the front door and rang the bell. After a while I heard some footsteps. The door was opened by a half-asleep Harry. He rubbed his eyes, not realizing that I was standing in front of him. A few seconds went by and Harry finally realized. He was about to yell but I covered his mouth.
"Don't yell, div." I whispered.
I entered the house, bringing in my stuff and closed the door.
"Tom, what are you doing here? I mean don't get me wrong, I'm glad you're back but you weren't supposed to be home until next month. And why the fuck did you decide to arrive at night and that too like that. I thought you were gonna kidnap me, mate!" he said.
"Gosh I'll explain everything tomorrow. But I'm back!" I said with a smile.
"Alright, whatever. I'm going back to bed. Good night." Harry said and went up the stairs, back into his room.
I pulled my suitcase up the stairs as silently as I could. I dropped on bed as soon as I entered my room. I looked over at Y/n's house. The light of her room was still on.
I got a bit anxious and hoped that she didn't see me.