38- Excuses and Ignoring

Y/n's P.O.V

I woke up to the sound of my alarm, letting out a small groan. My mind instantly replayed last night, how I'd confessed that I hadn't moved on and learnt that Tom had.
"I thought we were gonna rehearse my lines last night." I heard Ashley say.
"I got caught up." I replied, groggily.
"Elaborate on that please. You're lucky I was already asleep when you came back last night."
"It's a long story." I frowned.
I hadn't told anyone that I knew Tom Holland, let alone, dated him.
"Tom Holland was in the café yesterday, good job not freaking out." she teased me.
I may have fangirled over Tom while watching Spider-Man.
I rolled my eyes and got out of bed.

-
"Okay let's take it from the top again. Five, six, seven, eight." Mr Mendoza commanded.
The chorus started playing again and Sylvie started singing her song. We were rehearsing for the 'Start of a New Year' program. I was selected for a solo along with some amazing singers. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't fucking nervous, and we've established the fact that I don't lie anymore, last night, or atleast try not to lie.

I was dealing with my new heartbreak by writing poems, cliché, I know. But it helped.
I heard my phone ping. It was a message from Sofia.

Sof: Tom's in NYC.
Me: I know. We 'caught up' last night..long story.
Sof: OMG UR KIDDING ME. SPILL THE TEA, Y/N Y/L/N.
Me: Calm down, miss. I'm in class, ttyl.
Sof: 🙄

I put my phone back in my pocket, trying to concentrate on the rehearsal. We only had a week until our performance and I was feeling anxious, excited and a lot of other things about it. I had never performed in front of such a large audience. I did do a few small 'concerts' at parties with my friends but this was different. This was college and I'd probably be graded on this. I was confused about a lot of things as well. My nerves were kicking in and it wasn't even the day of the program.

I heard my phone ping again, this time it was Tom.
All the feelings and moments from last night started coming back, how he had broken my heart, again.

Tom♡: hey love, wanna grab lunch? x
Me: cant, got practice for the program.
Tom♡: oh okay, what about dinner?
Me: lot going on, I'll let u know.
Tom♡: sounds good.
Me: ;)

Was I ignoring Tom? Yes.
Why? To protect myself from any further heartbreaks related to him.
"Y/n, let's hear your solo." Mr Mendoza shook me out of my trance.

Let's do this shit.