PROLOGUE

DIANA MADRIGAL

Binuksan ko ang bote ng alak at kinalat ang laman nito sa loob ng isang sasakyan. Bumukas pa ako ng bagong bote at pinaliguan sa alak ang taong nakaupo sa sasakyan. Pagkatapos binato ko rin ang mga walang laman na bote sa loob.

I looked at the corrupt politician who is now currently dead sitting on the driver's seat of the car. Everyone would conclude that everything was purely an accident. I made it looked like it is so the case would be close immediately. Everyone would think that this asshole was too drunk so he accidentally fell off the river. Of course, before I killed that guy, I forcefully made him drank a lot of alcohol to strengthen the evidence that this was purely an accident instead of murder.

Then I pulled up the emergency break of the car and watched how the car slowly made its way to the river in front.

Have a nice time with the fishes, Mr. Sarmiento. I said at the back of my mind before I turn my way back and clicked the button on my handwatch, this will give the organization a signal that I've already completed the mission.

I heaved a sigh as I walked through the dark aisle where I parked my car. I made sure that there would be no cctv in this area to prevent arising suspicion from the police.

This mission is such a hassle. It could have been easier if I could just directly kill that fucking politician but the organization ordered me to make it looked like an accident which is not really my thing as an assassin. They really trust my skills and knowledge in this mission because they needed this mission to have a perfect result.

I'm on my way to my place where I'm currently staying for now. I'm so fucking tired. I just finished my mission in Afghanistan where I saved the son of the president to avoid an upcoming war between them and the other country. After that, I was sent immediately to finish another mission which is to kill that fucking politician.

Habang nagmamaneho ay napansin ko ang mga itim na sasakyan na sumusunod sa 'kin. I have a feeling that this is not good.

Binilisan ko ang pagmamaneho. The latter also accelerated their speed. I knew it. They're after me.

"These brainless motherfuckers are asking for their death, aren't they?"

I looked at the map on my digital screen and cursed when I saw that there would be an intersection two kilometer away. I can't go back or change route because this is a single road and there is no crossroad along the area. I can't go forward either because I'm sure I would fall of the cliff near the intersection.

So they've planned this, huh. A perfect plan to make my death looked like an accident.

But I won't easily surrender and accept defeat. I would take few of them to hell with me.

Mabilis ko iniwas ang sasakyan nang paulanan ako nito ng mga bala. Idiots. I opened the window and took out my gun. I swiftly drifted the car making it turned its way halfway. Then I stepped on the brake and aim my gun to one of the car driving towards mine. I knew their cars are bulletproof so I aim for the tires. Sumabog ang gulong ng isang kotse at pagewang gewang ito hanggang sa bumangga ito sa gilid at sumabog.

Mabilis ko muli pinaandar ang kotse. One down, two more to go.

Kumunot ang noo ko nang makitang may dumagdag pa na peste. Two fucking choppers are now following me. Great, now I really can't stop. I have to move forward. It's either they kill me or I will die from falling off the cliff.

There's a ninety-nine percent that I will die from falling off the cliff and there's a hundred percent that I will die in their hands if I stop.

There is no escape. I couldn't find any no matter how I racked my brain to look for one.

They really planned this thoroughly even before I start my mission. I knew it's them when I saw a familiar symbol on the choppers that are following me.

Realization hits me. It's like hitting two birds with one stone.

The death of a nobody like me wouldn't gain the media's attention because I'm sure the accidental death of the famous politician will be on the news all over. It's not just that. They made me kill the politician before they kill me after. So they've used me before throwing me away.

I should've have seen through their plan. But I was blinded by my trust to them.

Trust. Big word. It's something that we, assassins should not give to any. Because it's a weakness. But here I am thinking that I'm the perfect assassin, trusting the organization was my only flaw.

I should've known that they will eliminate me the moment I succeeded my mission saving the president's son. Because I gained a lot of enemies after completing that mission. Enemies that the organization I came from wouldn't be able to handle. So they made me took all the bullets. They're not capable of shielding me from the powerful enemies around the world.

I looked in front as I saw I'm nearing the intersection. I tried to prevent myself from going beyond the barricade where the cliff is located. I drifted the car to turn left. Masyado ng mabilis ang takbo kaya kahit na sinubukan ko lumiko ay nawalan ng kontrol ang kotse.

Lumabas ang airbag sa harap ko but it was not enough to minimize the damages in my body. The car was flipped over. Nanlalabo ang paningin ko sa mga natamong sugat. I could feel my blood flowing from my head. Nakita ko ang yapak ng mga paa malapit sa bintana ng kotse ko.

"You were the best assassin we could ever have, Diana. Thank you for your service. Till we meet again in hell." said by a cold yet familiar voice.

It was the organization's president.

The one I secretly considered as a father when I was a child.

I watched that person's silhouette walked away from my car. I could also smell the leaking gasoline all over the car. I know the car will explode in no time.

And for the first time in my life, I smiled. A bitter one.

I felt something I didn't knew I was capable of feeling.

It was pain. Betrayal. Confusion. And regret.

I wanted to live.

I wished I was a normal girl like everyone else.

But maybe. Maybe this will be the end and my death will serves as my karma from all the lives I took.

Good bye, Diana. I said to myself before I felt the explosion and everything went blank.

__

This story is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author’s imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.