The Aftermath

Third person's point of view

Eda woke up with tears continously flowing through her eyes. She felt a pang in her heart upon remembering the first and last encounter she had with the real princess.

Everything.. Everything is too much for her to take. The forgotten memories.. Her cruelty in her past life.. And the real princess.. She's gone now...

Napahilamos ng mukha si Eda.

She doesn't know who she is anymore... She doesn't want to go back as the merciless assassin.... She doesn't want to be a princess.. She doesn't want anything to do with the cruel gods of this world.. She just... She just wished to have a normal and peaceful life... with the family that treated her as their own. Why can't she have that?

"Arghhh!"

Napatigil si Eda nang marinig ang isang ungol na parang nasasaktan sa isang lugar. Mabilis niya itong pinuntahan at napagtanto ni Eda na nasa isang pamilyar na mansyon siya. Ang mansyon kung saan niya unang nakilala ang diyos ng apoy.

Her eyes widen upon seeing the situation in the middle of the hall of the mansion. Countless golden chains are piercing through the body of a man..

And that man is no other than Keros.

Hinang-hina itong nakaluhod habang patuloy na tumatagos ang mga kadena sa katawan nito. Ang mga kadena na nanggagaling sa iba't-ibang sulok ng mansion.

"Arghhh!" Impit ng lalaki.

Eda realized something upon seeing the chains, these chains.. It's the same golden chains that the first princess of Amera used.

Lumapit si Eda sa lalaki.

"Is this the consequence?" Eda asked, with no visible emotion written on her face.

She has no idea why this is happening to Keros. The only thing she knows is that the Supreme God sealed every minor gods in a different cage where they can never get out. But these golden chains.. If Eda guessed it right, these golden chains is most likely a restrainer to prevent Keros from using his power. If that's the case, then all the others gods most probably  has these chains in them as well.

Keros looked up to her and Eda noticed the tears of pain from his eyes. The God of the underworld looks like a dead person with his pale complexion.

"G...get lost, H-human." Hirap na bigkas nito.

Eda felt pity towards him but it vanished upon remembering what kind of rotten being this man is. This god can kill thousands of people without blinking. Eda doesn't want to come clean because she, herself was no different from this guy. She can kill without bathing an eye too.. But that was before.

Eda slowly walked towards him. She saw his body gave up while the chains are still being entangled with his body.

"Why...why did you do it, Keros? Were you happy trampling the lives of the weak?" She mumbled and sat down in front of him. She remembered how he mercilessly tried to annihilate a whole kingdom..

She noticed that his eyes were lifeless as if he was killed thousand times by the golden chains. His stares were blank while tears were continuously flowing from his eyes. He's in a very awful state but despite that, the golden chains are still continuously circulating on his body.

Eda couldn't believe that this is the man who protected her when she lost her memories. He was so different from his past. He used to be a cruel God before she met him.

Something in him changed, that's why Eda realized his weakness because of that. She is the weakness of this god. For some reason, this god can't afford to lose her that's why he has been protecting her all these years.
And Eda knows that it has something to do with her powers.