Deal With The Witch

Third person's pov

"To what do I owe the pleasure of this visit, little girl?" Ngiting wika ni Samirno sa batang babae nang makarating sila sa loob ng mansion. Naghanda si Samirno ng tea para sa kanilang dalawa.

"You're too formal, Mr. Samirno. You can call me Eda, daughter of General Warren. Thank you for welcoming me to your home." Ngiting pagbati ng batang babae. Nakaupo ito ngayon sa sofa habang mahinhin na sumisimsim ng tsaa. Kung titingnan sa kilos at pagsasalita ay hindi mo aakalain na anim na taong gulang lamang ang batang ito.

Napailing na lamang si Samir nang maalala niya ang senaryo na nadatnan niya kanina. Hindi niya alam kung paano nagawang taluning ng batang ito ang dalawang lalaki kanina gamit lamang ang patalim. Bukod doon, parang madali lamang sa batang ito gumawa ng karahasan. Kung totoo man na anak ito ng Punong Heneral ng Amera, mukhang namana nito ang pagiging marahas ng Ama pagdating sa mga gyera.

Tinitigan ni Samir ang bata. Mahaba at kulay itim ang buhok nito habang ang kulay ng mga mata nito ay malalim na asul na parang karagatan, mapupula at manipis ang labi habang maputi at parang kumikintab ang makinis nitong balat, ang itsura nito ay parang isang dugong bughaw. Malayong-malayo sa istura ng Heneral . Mukhang namana nito ang itsura sa Ina.

"Done checking me out, Mr. Samirno?" wika ng ng bata habang nakataas ang kilay.

Samirno chuckled in amusement. This kid is really something.

"Pardon my rude behavior, young lady Eda. It's just that I noticed you don't have any similar features with the General."

"Is that so? Maybe I got all my features from my mother. She's really beautiful, you know? That makes me beautiful too, right?" the little girl giggled like a kid.

Napailing nalang si Samirno at napangisi. This girl can talk like an adult and be like a kid the next second.

"Anyway, I'll speak straight to the point. The reason I came here because I want to make a deal with you."

Napakunot-noo si Samirno sa narinig. This little girl wants to make a deal with him in this hour of the night? How intriguing.

"Heal my mother. She's very ill and I think witches are the only ones who can help her." Mababakas ang lungkot sa boses ng batang babae nang sambitin nitong may sakit ang Ina.

"You said it's a deal. What do I get in return for that then?"

Ngumiti nang matamis ang batang babae.

"Your life.." Nakaramdam ng bahagyang kilabot si Samir nang magbago ang atmospera ng paligid. He looked straight to the girl's eyes and he shivered down his spine.

He felt something menacing lurking behind those innocent facade of a little girl. He felt it. Even for just a little, he felt the killing intent that the girl is trying to suppress.

"I won't take your life if you successfully treat my mother." Seryosong wika nito.

He chuckled in amusement. How brazen this girl can be?

"My, my.. Threatening my life in my own territory? I like how fearless you are." He said with a smirk plastered on his face.

The girl looked at him innocently, "I'm sorry if you felt threatened. But threat is not my thing. I only spoke nothing but truth."

Nawala ang ngisi ni Samir. He felt how serious this girl is.

"Alright. I'll treat your mother. But in return, give me something I want as exchange." nakangising saad niya.

"What made you think I'll agree with that? I can take your life if I want to and find someone else who can heal my mother. You are in no place to demand anything." Mataray na wika nito.

Natawa nang bahagya si Samir. Ahh, he really like this girl's attitude.

"Let me enlighten you with the situation you are in, young lady. First thing, you can't kill me in my own territory. This whole place is covered by an invisible barrier that I made. And If I died, the barrier will be deactivated by explosion and everything... Everyone inside the barrier will turn nothing but ashes."

Napatango ang batang babae.

"What else?" tanong nito.

Samir smiled and point out the tea that the girl is drinking.

"That tea.. can temporarily shutdown your powers. To make it short.. You fell into my trap." He said with a sound of victory in his voice.

Muli tumango si Eda na parang baliwala lang at mulling sumimsim sa tsaa. Walang pinagbago ang ekspresyon nito kaya naman dahan-dahan nawala ang ngisi ni Samir sa mukha.

"I see. So what do you want in return then?" Baliwalang saad nito.

Napailing si Samir sa batang babae. This girl isn't afraid of him despite of the situation she's in.

"I want you to acquire and give me the flower stone located in Keros Cave." Seryosong saad niya.

The girl rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. Samir is insane for thinking that the girl's action is really cute.

"Consider it done. Where is that fvcking cave located anyway?" She said, feeling irritated.

Samir chuckled with the girl's words and confidence.

"Young lady. That cave is no ordinary one. No one make it alive by entering that cave. And no creature can live inside that cave. It is located in the deepest part of the forest near the borderline of Amera and Roanza kingdom."

Eda smirked. She felt overly excited with what she heard. She felt thrilled.

"We'll see if no one can really make it out alive there."

Napailing si Samir. He didn't know if this little girl is oblivious of the dangerous situation he's putting her in or she's just really overconfident with herself.

"Or.." He trailed off then looked at her and smiled a dashing one.

"You can marry me instead when you turn into the right age." He said while smiling.

Aside from being a famous witch in Amera, Samir was also known for his good looks that can captivated the heart of the ladies. Witches are known for not aging. They will look young despite living hundreds of years.

Eda raised her eyebrow at him and flipped her hair.

"Excuse me? I know I'm too beautiful even though I'm still a child but don't you know asking a six year old kid for a marriage is called pedophilia?"

Nagkunot-noo si Samir. Unfamiliar of the word that he heard.

"pedo--what? Is that an insult?" He asked.

'Ah. So pedophile is not in this world's vocabulary? I see. Maybe that's why he think it's natural to ask a kid for a marriage. This world is kinda absurd.' wika ni Eda sa isip.

"Never mind, Mr. Samir. I would like to politely decline your marriage proposal. Instead, I will bring you the flower stone in return of the deal. I'll be back soon enough, alright? So ready your ass off to heal my mother. Ciao!"

Mabilis na nagmartsa palabas ng mansion si Eda habang si Samir naman ay napailing nalang ng may ngiti sa labi.

It's his first time to encounter that kind of girl, moreover a child. He didn't know why he felt attracted to the General's daughter. Maybe he should ask her father's approval instead?

Mabilis na nag-ayos ng gamit si Samir upang sundan si Eda. He wouldn't let his future bride to go in danger, wouldn't he?

Ngunit ganoon na lamag ang gulat niya nang maramdaman na nakalabas na ng barrier ang batang babae. How could that happen?

That little girl is such a mystery.