Pewter City

Pewter City

Ash & Serena arrived at Pewter City

"Here we are, Pewter City" Serena said happily

"Awesome, this is where I get my first Gym Badge" Ash said feeling determined

They went to the Pokémon Center to restore their Pokémon

"Hey Nurse Joy, could you please restore our Pokémon" Ash asked

"Of course, you two" said Nurse Joy

"& I would like to register for the Kanto League" Ash added

"Sure, just give me your Rotom Phone & I'll have you registered" Joy said.

Ash gave Joy is Rotom Phone & she registered him.

"Alright, Ash Ketchum. You are now registered for the Kanto League. Here's your Rotom Phone back & your badge case." Joy said as she gave him a black badge case with a Poké Ball symbol in the middle.

After Joy left to restore their Pokémon, Ash & Serena went to call Professor Oak.

"Hello, Ash, Serena" Oak greeted

"Hi Professor" They both said

"Seeing you two together brings me great joy." Oak said smile before making a straight face "& Ash, your mother told me the news."

"You have?" Ash asked

"Yes, she also told me that she told your father about it." Oaksaid

"What was his reaction?" Ash said

"He was shocked" Oak said "but he was mostly upset that Team Rocket was revived"

"I see" Ash said "We came to call you about something we discovered in Viridian Forest"

"What is it?" Oak asked

"After we caught our Nidorans, my Kakuna evolved into Beedrill. After he evolved, he sensed a strange kind of energy calling out to him & took off. We followed him & ended up in this hidden valley filled with different kinds of Bug Type Pokémon. When we entered a cave, we were challenged by a leader of a Beedrill swarm. After I defeated the leader. They let us pass & that's where we found this." Ash said as he pulled out the stone

Oak gasped "Do you know what that is?"

Ash & Serena shook their heads

"That's a Mega Stone" Oak explained "Certain Pokémon like Beedrill have a special evolution called Mega Evolution. Mega Evolution is not a permanent change, the Pokémon can revert to their original stage. Once a Pokémon Mega Evolves, its power & stat stages will increase. In order for a Pokémon to Mega Evolve, it has to have a Mega Stone & have a strong bond with its Trainer. The Mega Stone you have now is a Beedrillite. If you want to Mega Evolve your Beedrill, you will also need a Key Stone. You can get one from Mr. Fuji at the Pokémon House in Lavender Town. You can find Mega Stones in different locations & secret areas. The Mega Stones from those secret areas are guarded by Pokémon that can Mega Evolve from the respective stones that they're guarding or as we like to call them Guardian Pokémon. Their jobs are to test trainers' strength & bonds with their Pokémon, if you pass their test, the Mega Stone is yours & sometimes they reward you with their kind or themselves to be your Pokémon. But sometimes they just give you the Mega Stone as a way of showing gratitude.

"That sounds amazing" Ash said

"It is," Oak agreed "Keep looking for more Mega Stones for your Pokémon to Mega Evolve"