Chapter 16.

Chapter 16.

"The guests have arrived ma'am" "Ok thanks, I'll be there in two minutes"

The room was empty when I entered so I guessed they were on their way and stood facing the floor to ceiling window that overlook the city from 20th floor. I heard footsteps after few minutes and took a long breathe and turned around.

I was left breathless, I froze in my place. In front of me stood none other than Auster Frost. I gulped a lump in my throat and desperately tried to not mess up the situation. He stood there in a navy blue suit and white shirt with a matching blue tie. My hands were shaking and I was sweating. I rubbed my palm on my trouser and closed my eyes, this is a dream Estella, this is a dream! Wake up! I opened my eyes and I saw the same thing. I looked over at my assistant and she nodded, he was the collaborator of Mr.Warner's project. I was basically designing a building for Auster.

I stood there wide eyed, I didn't want my past to come back, I don't want to see him. Seeing his face is reminding me of how naïve I was for putting my entire trust on him. For giving my heart to him to only be broken into trillions of pieces.

"Ms.Blossom?" "Uh yes?" Thank god his assistant interrupted my thoughts or else I'd start panicking.

"This is Mr.Frost and he will be owning the building while Mr.Warner will only be selling the building to Mr.Frost so he would like to see the planning" Damn man am I now the architect of such a person who broke my heart and trust?! I'd rather die. But for my job I had to go ahead.

"Good Afternoon gentlemen" my ass 'gentlemen'! "The blue prints are in front of you on the table, please look through it while the presentation. It will help you in understanding." I slowly walked towards the projector and turned it on.

My eyes HAD to go towards him for obvious business reasons but I tried to keep them short. After an hour it was finally over.

"Any questions?" The assistant looked at Auster and Auster's eyes were fixed on me. It annoyed me and I repeated again but louder.

"No, but I'll look through them again and if I have any questions I'll contact you" For god sake don't contact me, I'll probably throw my phone on the opposite wall. Before I could tell anything my assistant handed him my business number. Even if it wasn't personal number still I don't want him to contact me. I rolled my eyes and said "Thank you, have a nice day' in low volume and exited the room.

I went to the womens' washroom so that even if he tried to find me he won't be able to. I don't know what makes me think he will come looking for me but I don't want to see him and ignoring him is the best. It's been five years since that day and it took me many months to not cry whenever anything reminded me of him.

After about twenty minutes I came out and spotted no one so I went back to my cabin. Rest of the day went okay with couple projects to complete and a few meetings. Finally I was done with work and closed my laptop. There were no messages or calls from Auster so I was relieved.

Once home I did the same showering, eating dinner, changing clothes and taking Hope for walk. Tonight was cloudy with light breeze. A little cold felt good after a warm day. Once we were at the park I spotted another dog and a man sitting on a bench. I didn't ever see anyone with dog coming here except me and mostly its empty at this time.

Hope sniffed the area and barked towards the dog. The man looked up but because it was dark with only few streetlights surrounding the ground I couldn't his face. I unleashed Hope and he ran towards that dog. It was a husky. I walked towards them slowly. Taking in the fresh breeze after a tough day was relieving.

"Hi" I said to the man without looking at his face clearly but I recognized the voice when he said back a 'Hey'. I couldn't believe that I had to again meet him and him being here coincidently. I didn't give a surprised look for long like in the day. I scoffed and said Hope 'find' and he understands that if I say find then it means that once he is done with whatever he is doing, to come to me. I walked away and started strolling around the tracks.

***

As I had said that I'll be skipping years because I have more storyline in my mind. They have 4 years age difference and he is 27 yrs old while she is 23 years old.