Up Close and Personal

"Soooo.....how was your date?" Lynn questioned me the next morning.

We were seated at the breakfast table and Lynn was shoveling cereal into her mouth like there was a famine goinng on at her school.

"It was.....good" I said, blushing slightly at the thought of Alan's kisses.

"That look tells me it was way more than just 'good' " Lynn teased me.

I was sipping my morning coffee happily, a giddy feeling ever-presentin my mind ever since my date with Alan.

"It was great. Awesome. Marvelous. Amazing" I admitted, giggling like a schoolgirl at the thought of Alan.

Boy I was a goner.

"Looks like whoever this guy is, he has you smitten" Lynn said with a smile as she patted my shoulder amicably.

"That he does" I agreed reluctantly.

"So are you going to tell me who he is?" Lynn questioned, looking at me expectantly.

"It's still too early, Lynn" I tried gently, unsure if I could tell my little sister I was going out with a famous actor twice my age.

"I'm not some naive child anymore, Sam" Lynn argued, looking at me through narrowed eyes.

"You're my younger sister Lynn. I don't need to tell you everything. There's things you don't need to know yet" I tried, failing miserably in trying to sound responsiible and cool and instead sounding like a total bitch.

"So you're just goinng to keep this from me?" Lynn muttered angrily "You're seriously not telling me about this mistery guy of yours?"

"I...-Idon't know Lynn" I said quietly, not wanting to argue with my temperamental sister.

"You don't know?!" Lynn seethed "I'm your sister, not the freaking CIA!"

"Yes, and my presonal relationships are my own, not any of your buisness!" I quipped back, while my subconcious raised the alarm from DEFCON 2 to DEFCON 1.

"What am I, the next-door neighbour?!" Lynn shouted.

"Look you will meet him when the time is right!" I snarled.

"And when will that be?! When Your Highness feels like it?!" Lynn argued.

"You will do as you are told!" I countered "I am your sister and your Legal Guardian!"

"Well you are not my mother!" Lynn screamed, suddenly standing up and angrily marching towards the door.

My phone started ringing and I reached for it, pressing it against my ear as I watched Lyanna grab her helmet and slip on her black leather jacket when she rushed out the door. I knew it would be useless to tru and follow her, so I just sighed and foocused my attention on the caller on the other end of the line.

"....Samantha?" Alan's voice sounded worried, and I flinched at the sound of the door slamminng "Is everything okay?"

"It's just my mercurial sister....she got angry and just grabbed her keys and ran" I explained, distraught as I sipped my coffee.

"Keys? Didn't you say she was 15?" Alan sounded confused.

"16, which means she has a license" I muttered, leaving my cup in the sink and dropping onto the couch with a sigh.

"She took your car?" Alan inquired, sounding more suprised by the minute.

"Not really. She has a motorcycle" I grunted, eyes darting to the clock on the wall and realizing I was going to be late for work.