My Life is a Bloody Soap Opera

"Meet.....your parents" Alan said slowly, as if tasting the words on his tongue.

I nodded.

"Well, that's....unexpected" he mused finally, after a brief silence.

"Sorry Alan, I can't hear you over the pot screaming at the bloody kettle" I said with an amused chuckle "I quite distinctly remember you putting me in a similar situation not that long ago"

Alan just rolled his eyes at me, smiling slightly.

"I know, Kitten, I know" he said with a charming smile, leaning down to press a kiss against my lips "And I'd be delighted to meet your parents, albeit it being a bit sudden and unexpected"

"Delighted. Great" I muttered, unable to help the flutter of nerves in my stomach as I thought about seeing my parents.

"....what's wrong, Samantha?" Alan asked carefully, amber eyes searching out mine.

"It's....complicated" I tried explaining "My relationship with my parents is.... strained, in more ways than one"

"Well I'm all ears" Alan reassured me, giving me a look  "But how about we go downstairs to get some breakfast and talk about it then?"

As if in agreement with his words my stomach made a noise that sounded like a dying whale.

"The fact that you know that the way to a woman's heart is through her stomach is admirable" I commented with a sly smile as I rolled onto my stomach and raised myself on one elbow.

"I know you Kitten" Alan mused with a smile "That's enough"

Stretching myself I rolled my neck and shoulders in an attempt to wake up a bit more. My muscles protested with a comfortable ache which brought a slight lush to my cheeks as I thought about how exactly I'd worked up said aches. For his age Alan was more than a little insatiable in the bedroom. And in all fairness, so was I.

As it was we saw eachother as often as possible, but with my job and Alan's busy schedule sometimes it made for certain difficulties. Seeing eachother three or four times a week was the norm, albeit it occasionally wavered between a bit more or a bit less. We'd been seeing eachother for almost eight months now, and I was still completely baffled on occasions. Mindblown that I was currently involved with a famous actor in a long-term relationship. Truth was that it was still as exciting and thrilling as it had been that first time I met him. We'd had our ups and downs, and I fervently prayed we'd seen the last of our problems. This whole meeting-my-parents thing was what I hoped the last of the personal  problems we'd  have to face. I could do with some nice calm and quiet. 

"Sure. Let's go get something to eat, guapo" I said, a bit reluctant to get out of bed and face reality "That way I can at least tell you about my woes and sorrows on a full stomach"

"Your woes and sorrows concern me greatly, Kitten, as is keeping you fed and healthy" Alan replied with a small smile as he watched me get up and start searching for my clothes. 

"Now I sound like your pet project" I pouted as I rolled my eyes at him. I was searching for a clean blouse, finding a pale blue one and a pair of khaki pants. 

"Nothing of the sort, Samantha dearest" Alan said with a pointed look as I was buttoning up the blouse, eyes flashing with appreciation as his gaze trailed the exposed skin of y chest, my fingers fumbling with the last buttons and the strap of my bra "It just means I care and worry about you. That's all"

Now it was my turn to ogle him as he sat up, swinging his legs over the edge of the bed, and looking around the room for his clothes, which were strewn across the bedroom floor.The heated looks he'd been giving me as I got dressed rivaled the ones I was giving him now.