Hot-Shot Celebrity Part 1

Okay.

Cool as a cucumber.

Calm and collected.

No need to freak out.

"You done panicking yet?" Jordan's voice rang from the phone as it was placed strategically on the edge of the bathroom sink.

My fingers were gripping the edge of the sink so hard my knuckles were turning white.

"I'm going to go to a red-carpet event as Alan Rickman's freaking date.....of course I'm not done panicking!" I hissed, smiling despite the fluttering nerves in my stomach.

"So.....you've got to tell me everything!" Jordan squealed with excitement "I mean....you've slept with Mr. Sex-on-legs.....I want details woman! Details!"

"My lips are sealed" I countered, chuckling in amusement at my best friends antics.

"Right....." Jordan cackled "Like there's a way of stopping me once I want something..."

"This is different, Jor" I grumbled affectionately.

"Oh come on! I'm your best friend and I haven't gotten any action in months!" I could hear the pout in her voice, and could just picture her stomping her foot like some toddler throwing a tantrum.

"So go out there and get some" I replied cheekily "With your charms and personality....you have men fawning over you all the time"

"But they're not smoking hot sexy British actors with a deep gravelly voice that makes you swoon" Jordan complained.

"No, they're age appropriate, handsome and intelligent guys who'd do anything to get in your pants" I quipped back with a smile.

"I don't want appropriate! I want sexy and sinful!" Jordan whined.

"Well I have to go hun, sorry" I told my best friend, who after uttering a string of profanities wished me the best of luck and demanded I give her a detailed report as soon as I got home that night. Hanging up the phone I chuckled in amusement, wondering how on earth we had ended up being friends. It couldn't even remember. Like, it just happened. One moment we were just friends. It's strange, how that happens. You don't even remember how or when it happened, and then, suddenly, you're just friends.

Shaking my head I looked at the reflection staring back at me in the mirror. My hair and makeup were already done, and I liked the way my eyes looked with the shadowy eye-shadow, making the light grey color of my eyes stand out. My hair was styled into glossy curls, which for the first time in ages looked elegant and chic instead something out of Hurricane Katrina.

Dressed in only cream-colored undergarments I reached for an oversized T-shirt and put it on, before heading back into the bedroom. Rummaging through my closet I pulled out the dress I intended to wear for the night.

It was a very beautiful dress, and one I hadn't worn before. Jordan had gotten it for me once upon a blue moon on a whim when I accompanied her on one of her crazy shopping sprees. Usually I wouldn't let her spend any money on something as trivial and expensive like a dress, but she'd nearly thrown a tantrum right there in the store hen I told her I didn't have any events I could wear it to. The phrase I-don't-give-a-damn-you're-getting-that-dress-because-it-looks-great-on-you was what finally talked me into getting the damn thing.

The dress was a beautiful cream color, a broken white that bordered on beige, and it had a broad golden band around my waist, the flimsy layers of fabric flaring out past my hips, the bodice made out of embroidered lace, the plunging neckline dipping beneath my collarbone and giving an enticing view of sun-kissed skin.