The Great Unknown

Finally some alone time, I thought, excitement stirring inside me.

"Yes, finally" Alan agreed.

Dammit. Had I said that out loud again? It had been a while since that last happened.

The Hotel Jor and I were staying at was within walking distance, and I snuggled closer to Alan as a breeze ruffled my dress and hair, feeling safe with his arm around my shoulder, pressed into his side.

"Does going out with your friends always turn out like tonight's activities?" Alan asked, carefully phrasing his question.

"Not always. But often" I said truthfully "We always end up doing something stupid"

"Something stupid? Like what?" Alan inquired and I smiled up at him deviously.

"Well a couple of years ago Jor, Dani and I almost got ourselves arrested for public indecency" I admitted with a sheepish grin.

Alan froze.

"You what?!" he managed, looking at me inquisitively.

"It was nothing, really. We just drank excessively and as we walked down the street on our way back to the hotel some old lady called the cops on us when Dani crashed one of her precious plant-pots and threw up in her front yard" I mused with an amused chuckle.

Alan looked quite stunned by my admission.

"Hey I've done my fair share of crazy things with my friends. I was always the one trying to keep them out of trouble though" I clarified with a teasing smile.

"Any other crazy things you guys did I should be informed off?" Alan chuckled, obviously amused by the antics I'd pulled when I was younger.

"I don't know....anything you'd like to tell me about the things you did when you were my age?" I teased, sticking my tongue out at Alan, who shook his head in silent laughter.

"I'm not sure an Old Wolf like myself can think that far back in time, Samantha dearest" he teased right back.

I playfully elbowed him in the side just as we reached the hotel, shaking my head at his antics.

"If you keep this up one of these days I'm going to agree with you when you complain about being old, you know" I told him, but I was rolling my eyes at him playfully, pulling him along in the direction of the elevator.

"In that case maybe you should stop making me worry about you" Alan said in mock seriousness.

"Cause you to worry? Me?" I played innocent, pushing the button of the correct floor and watching in mild amusement as the receptionist of the night shift rubbed her eyes and looked at Alan again, as if making sure she was seeing what she was seeing.

"I can't not worry when it comes to you, Samantha" Alan admitted begrudgingly.

And I knew what he meant. Even now, after we'd told eachother 'I love you', I suppose that there would always be that lingering doubt, that flicker of hesitation, that somehow, something would happen to drive us apart. Maybe that was common in every relationship, or maybe it was just me being paranoid. But I figured Alan would also keep worrying I'd find someone else, someone younger.

Specially when he finds you dancing and drinking with other people when coming all the way to bloody Spain to surprise you, my mind reprimanded me.

"Well then...I guess I'll just have to distract you" I mused, just loud enough for him to hear. His eyes widened when I leaned up and pressed my lips against his delectable jaw "With...other...activities" I whispered breathlessly, pressing a kiss to his neck and jaw with each word, causing him to shiver. I forced him a few steps backwards, until his back hit the wall of the elevator. I wasn't usually this bossy or domineering, but he sure as hell didn't seem to mind as I reached up to pull his head down for a kiss. My hands reached up to cup his jaw, my lips coaxing his apart and dictating the pace and intensity of the kiss. Then one of my hands started sneaking downwards, sliding down his chest and abdomen, and-