Hot-Shot Celebrity Part 2

Let's just say I couldn't quite focus on the movie.

And it was all his damn fault.

It started innocently enough. His hand was holding mine first, fingers intertwined with eachother as we watched the big screen. But then I was distracted by his thumb starting to rub circles onto the back of my hand. The gentle caress had me peeking at him from the corner of my eyes, and I could see the smirk playing across his lips as I tried to focus on the movie instead. Bloody hell! I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of letting him see how badly a mere touch of his affected me! No way in hell!

So instead I pulled my hand from his, leaning forward to adjust my heel. The back of the pump was pressing into my heel, and I made sure to adjust the strap that wrapped around my ankle.But my fingers lingered, and I could feel Alan's eyes on my. following the trail of my hand as my fingers danced up my leg, following the open slit of the dress until they reached my thigh.

Sitting back as if nothing had happened I demurely cast down my eyes, unable to suppress the smirk curving my lips upwards as Alan narrowed his eyes at me.

Well go figure....two can play that game.

Alan shook his head in silent laughter, and I just smiled as we both tried to focus on the movie being played on the big screen in front of us. The entire hall was silent, the lights having either been dimmed or gone out entirely, the sound of the movie drowning out the faint murmur of conversations that were being struck up here and there.

My heads were on different matter though, and when I felt Alan's hand coming to rest on my knee my breath caught in my throat. I had to practically force myself to breath normally, refusing to allow myself to think about the fact that currently Alan's hand was starting to trace a path on the exposed skin of my knee. Nothing indecent or inappropriate, but enough to drive me crazy as his deft fingers trailed some invisible path on the sensitive skin just above my knee. And sure he must know how badly he affected me when he did stuff like that? Surely he knew?

Trying to distract myself I took a hold of his hand, instead scooting closer and resting my head on his shoulder. The wine was starting to kick in, specially since I didn't really eat anything before heading out here, and I was now feeling pleasantly at ease as I snuggled closer to Alan.

The movie went by relatively quickly, and although I really tried to focus, I couldn't. Not when I was being so blatantly happy by being with Alan. Not when I felt my heart flutter inside my chest as he would constantly distract me by brushing away a wayward strand of hair, or caress my jaw softly, or rub the back of my hand with his long deft fingers.

When the movie was over, the lights went back on, and I smiled up at Alan as I disentangled myself from him, pulling away and shakily rise to my feet. With the heels I was easily as tall as Alan, which was a nice change.

Now we were headed to the ballroom, where the gala was taking place. People were crowded ins small groups, chatting and laughing while drinks and snacks were being served. Immediately I went in search of another waiter, happy to snatch up another glass of wine. Looking around I spotted Lyanna, who was still all over Alexander. But the tall Swedish actor caught my eyes, and as I quirked an eyebrow at him I saw him shake his head in amusement.

Alan seemed to have run into some friends, for he was now talking to a few people, standing a little away from the rest of the crowd. Four women and one guy were talking animatedly with him, and I wondered briefly who they were. Friends of his maybe?

"You're very protective of your sister, are you not?" a smooth voice rang from beside me.

I nearly chocked on my wine as Alexander smirked down at me, standing uncomfortably close.