Crazy Best Friend

I couldn't quite believe I'd almost confessed my feelings to Alan. I mean I could, and at the same time I couldn't, if that makes any sense. I was scared he wouldn't reciprocate them, of course, and insecure as to this whole him being a famous actor thing.

Usually I had no problem being blunt and straightforward. None at all. And yet, now I found myself second-guessing myself and doubting my very feelings. But telling him I loved him?

Snorting at the thought I was driving quietly, the shopping bags on the back seat while Alan was sitting on the passenger seat, casting me a look every now and then that had me blushing 'till the roots of my hair. I knew that the episode in the changing rooms hadn't left him as unaffected as he'd like me to think.

Truth be told, I was praying for Lyanna not to be at home so I could take Alan to my bedroom and have my wicked way with him, just like he'd suggested that very morning. I still couldn't quite believe I had the one and only Alan Rickman with me. Me, Samantha Jane Marquez, had landed some hot-shot actor that had proven to be the most chivalrous and passionate man I knew. And I couldn't wish for more.

With those thoughts clear in my head it was that I parked my teeny tiny suicide-wreck in the underground garage, smiling slyly at Alan, who returned my heated look.

Please Lyanna, I thought, don't be home....

It wasn't often that I wished for my sister to be away. Quite the opposite, in fact. Lyanna had always had a wild streak, and the more time she spent at home, the longer I could keep an eye on her. It wasn't that I didn't trust her, oh no, it was more a sisterly/motherly concern I held for my baby sister since I was pretty much raising her.

I wrapped my hand around Alan's when I walked by him, shopping bags in the other hand, tugging him along. He smiled condescendingly, but he sure as hell didn't complain when I skipped up the steps to my apartment and turned around partially to stop right before my front door to kiss him. He stumbled into me, but was quick enough to avoid crushing me. And then he was kissing me back eagerly, hand rising to thread in my hair, angling my head so he could easily deepen the kiss, tongue surging into my mouth. Nearly dropping the damn shopping bags I felt giddy with excitement, and Alan pulled away fractionally, chuckling at my breathless mewl of protest.

"You have me acting like a hormonal teenage boy, Samantha" he reprimanded me, pulling back but his finger brushing my cheek in a sweet caress.

"Like I'm being so Goddamn mature" I grumbled in exasperation, rolling my eyes as I searched through my purse to grab the keys to my apartment.

Alan laughed as I pushed open the door, and I followed him in, closing the door behind me and hearing the door of Lyanna's room slam shut at the same time.

"Sam? You home?" her voice rang out, and then she appeared around the corner.

"No, I'm some sort of apparition" I replied sarcastically, ruffling her hair as I dropped the bags on the kitchen counter and reached for the fridge.

She grumbled under her breath in annoyance, combing her fingers through her hair in an attempt to smooth out the ruffled mess I had made.

She was looking at Alan, her entire look becoming closed off and her body language suggesting she wasn't happy at all to see him.

"Lyanna" he greeted her courteously, nodding at her.

"Alan" she said quietly, turning towards me and further ignoring him.

Yay.

She didn't call him grandpa or abuelito.

That's progress in my book.