On Set

Waking up next to someone is the best feeling in the world.

Scratch that.

Waking up next to Alan Rickman was the best feeling in the world.

It was very early the next morning when I felt him move. As the light of dawn pooled in the window through the semi-transparent curtains, I felt his body warmth radiate from behind me. His hand was loosely wrapped around my waist, his arms and legs having encased mine during the night. Not that I objected. Hell no! In fact, I'd snuggled up closer to him, enjoying the feel of his body against my own as I slept. I hadn't had as good a night's rest in ages.

There was his hand, which was splayed on my hip, the intimate touch causing me to smile inwardly. I could feel his presence behind me, his chest pressed closely to my back. His face was snuggled against my neck, the first signs of stubble brushing against the sensitive skin at the base of my neck. It took me all my will-strength not to move at the sensation, which caused heat to pool low in my belly.

Feeling too comfortable and at ease to do anything but relax more into Alan's embrace I refused to move.

Alan thought otherwise.

I felt rather than saw him move, his arms disentangling themselves from mine as he slithered away from me, careful not to wake me. Which technically was already a lost cause, but I wasn't about to move. So I let him slip away from me, the mattress dipping under his weight as he sat upright, swinging his legs over the edge and getting up quietly.

Hearing a door open and close I figured he'd gone into the bathroom. My assumption was proven correctly when I heard the shower turn on. My mind immediately conjured images of Alan in the shower, water cascading down his body..... I felt myself blush at the naughty thoughts, and briefly considered joining him.

The sheets still smelled like him, and I snuggled closer into the duvet as my toes curled at the thought of last night's activities. Instead, I dozed off again, a smile curling my lips upwards as I hugged a pillow closer to me.

I only got a few minutes respite, for when I awakened a few minutes later I just heard the shower turn off, just as another sound rang in my ears.

But now I heard something. A phone ringing. It wasn't mine, but I figured the noise was what woke me up in the first place.

Alan came out of the shower, wearing nothing but a towel that was wrapped loosely around his waist. I had turned around, and was now peeking at him from under my lashes at Alan as he headed over to the night stand to reach for his phone.

Briefly considering letting him know I was awake, I decided against the idea as he stood up after grabbing his phone, his hand gently brushing away my hair from my face in the most gentle of caress.

"...David?" Alan mused, careful to not be too loud as he made his way over to the closet on the far side of the room.

I couldn't hear whoever it was on the other side of the line, but the name told me enough. David was after all the name of Alan's older brother. Could be someone else, after all Alan could know other David's.... but my bet was on it being his brother this early in the morning.

There was a short pause, and then I heard rather than saw Alan fumble with his phone as he put it on speaker. Wondering why my question was answered as I heard the door of the closet open.

"Look, David, I don't have much time. I got a call from my manager yesterday, there's a few manuscripts I have to look over and the last details for the filming begins tomorrow...."

I shifted in the bed, peeking at him from underneath my eyelashes. I'd known he had a new project coming up, and that the filming would start soon. It still amazed me how strange it felt to hear him talk about movies I'd watch in the movie theater while he'd actually act in them.