ten

I don't see billie for the next few days.

ive been growing pretty close with kai and even when im not working them, ive grown pretty close to finneas too.

both kai and finneas make me laugh so hard I usually ride home on my bike, my stomach aching.

on my day off I go grocery shopping with my grandma and we bake cookies like I used to when I was younger with her and my mom.

I told my grandma about billie and she said she knew about billie from the few times she'd been in the store or seen her around in LA.

less than a month in town and I was already filling my grandma on gossip I promised I wouldn't tell her.

but I always make sure to keep my stories short and sweet, keeping out the details and definitely not mentioning pirate.

pirate is for me and me only.

my grandma decides she wants to go out to dinner with me and picks her favourite little old hollywood 50s diner.

inside we sit at the stools where a waitress in baby blue uniform makes us strawberry milkshakes while we wait for our stack of pancakes.

apparently these pancakes are 'world-famous' but honestly, I give them a one star rating.

when I tell grandma I think they're trash and pulls her face, sticking her fork in my stack of pancakes and taking a bite.

"I don't know what you're talking about, these are one of my favourite pancakes in LA"

"you should've ordered something else instead of moaning"

I roll my eyes and scan around the diner, to see if I can see anyone who remotely looks around my age but there's only older people and families.

"still haven't found her?"

I accidentally confessed about pirate to my grandma, it was only the basics because she didn't really understand the purpose of an internet friend.

im surprised she didn't freak out like my dad would if I was to ever tell him.

but he doesn't really pay attention to my life or what im really doing on my phone.

and I can tell he isn't really bothered about how im doing because we've barely spoken, apart from me letting him know ive arrived and when I started my job.

he never messages me first though.

I try not to think about it too much or else ill get sad.

I reach into my tote bag to pull out my sketchbook, opening it up on the back map and list of stores pirate could potentially work in.

ive marked the few stores ive been with a large X.

"here are places ive been" I point to the list with the X written beside them, turning my sketchbook to face her.

"how do you know she wasn't working these places but just wasn't in that day?"

"I don't, but I figured ill re-visit a few places and see if I spot anyone looking my age"

I have seen a few people looking my age but glancing at them or having small talk, ive ruled out the possibility of them being pirate.

she grabs my hand and I look into her eyes, swallowing my mouthful of pancakes. "keep looking blossom, you're gonna find her"

"I knew I moved in with you for a reason" I smile and she squeezes my hand picking up her milkshake "you kind of had too. besides, why wouldn't you wanna live with me?"