twenty six

I think yall are gonna hate me for this cliffhanger but im SO excited for yall to read this

get ready (it's not what you think but it's still good lol)

I underestimated just how much I'd miss billie.

turns out when billie works as much as she does and so do I, along with trying to sneak around harry and my grandma, you get very little time to work with.

but sometimes the universe just seems to work in your favour.

at 10,000 hours, we finish at six on usual days but thursday's and friday's we finish at ten for the people who want to use the studios late.

I don't really know why people bother because it's more expensive to open up late.

I've never worked past six but finneas is taking his girlfriend on a drive in date and has asked me to work late tonight.

and I mean, it's not like i have any plans.

im by the counter alone because we close the store at six, keeping the door locked until the customer using the studio comes in.

when I turn the sign on the door to closed, kai goes into the stock room to sort out the re-stock for tomorrow and i take some time to play my 'help me' playlist and do some drawing.

my grandma has flown to new york tonight with harry to do a magazine shoot for his new clothing line but they're coming back tomorrow so i thought I'd be okay to work tonight.

my grandma gave me strict instructions especially since she saw those hickeys and clearly knows there's someone in my life.

maybe she thinks im having threesomes with kai and art.

billie is working alone in one of the studios but she wanted to take me on another date tonight.

there's a really cool movie i wanted to see and billie had mentioned it so she checked there was a screening tonight and booked us tickets.

im trying not to get too giddy.

and after all, i can't exactly go upstairs and see billie when she gave me strict instructions not to enter the studio.

no-one is allowed in there when she's working on music.

some time around half nine, the final customer leaves and i stop obsessively checking my phone to see if there's any messages from pirate.

we haven't spoken in a while and honestly, billie is on my mind too much to care.

"do you mind if i shoot off early? art bought us a new strap on"

"okay first of all ew and secondly, of course, billie will have a key"

"enjoy your date"

I roll my eyes and watch as they lock the front door and leave out back, locking it as they leave.

I clear away the store and make sure everything is clean and organised.

There's a little phone at the reception desk where you can talk to anyone in the studio.

I press on the buzzer to studio one and lift the phone to my ear.

"attention eilish, attention billie eilish. the time is ten pm and the store is now closed. If you could please come downstairs and make your way to reception that would be great, thank you"

I go to put the phone down and then add a little on the extra. "ps, if you hurry, im sure there can be promises of getting handsy in the back of the movie theatre"

i put the phone down before I say anything more stupid and watch as the door swings open and billie comes running the stairs, straight over to me.

"what did you just say?" she's a little breathless and my heart rate picks up.

"I don't know what you're talking about, I didn't say anything"

There's a strand of hair on her forehead and I reach forward to move it gently out of the way of her face.

she looks up at me and she bites her lip. "you're gonna be the death of me princess, let's get to the movie theatre so I can get my hands all over you"

Billie grabs my hand and puls me towards the back door. "did you have fun?"

"yeah, I made some good shit, your girlfriend has had some real inspiration recently from someone really special in her life and-"

Billie keeps talking but all I heard was 'your girlfriend'

MY GIRLFRIEND?

I follow billie mindlessly and flick the lights off, watching as billie tries to open the door.

"oh kai locked up for us, you'll need to use your key"

Billie rolls her eyes and reaches into her pocket, pulling out two sets of keys. she looks down at the keys in her hand and her eyes widen, darting back up to me.

"fuck"

"what?"

"these are many the studio keys, I must've left the keys for here at home

"what does that mean?"

billie pulls out her phone "that means finneas won't answer so kai better"

I shake my head "no, they've got a new sex toy they're trying with art"

"well then princess, it looks like you and I are locked alone here until someone answers their phone"

oh fuck.