Devium Ventus

Rex Crozzo sighed on his way back home. He had just finished training his Geo vision with Mister Zhongli and boy it was tough. Strangely enough, his form of Geo element was similar to him, due to being trained by him. 

He can make stone spears that can rise from the ground, opposite to Mister Zhongli's rain of stone. Sure, he can do the same rain of stone as his mentor but it is easier for him to manipulate the surrounding earth than create them. He even trained in using his vision to mimic Homuto's sage mode. It was hard! It took him months of hard work to finish the first part and even be able to sit so still like a statue. 

As he passed by a mirror, he saw his reflection and his ruined clothes. 'Is this why people were staring at me?' He thought as he opened his wallet and saw his cards and some bills. 'Maybe I can buy some new clothes.' He glared at his hair. 'Maybe a haircut too.' 

Entering the shop, he looked around before he was thrown out for his shabby appearance. Sighing in annoyance, the young man entered a store and looked around. Seeing the clothes he liked. he bought them. It was a dark gray collar shirt with a black vest that has cross-shaped buttons, a white v-neck shirt underneath, dark gray dress pants, and black dress shoes. He still has his metal finger guards on his right pointer and middle fingers

Making sure to keep them in his bag, he went to a barbershop and had his hair cut. His once shoulder-length hair was now shorter and slicked back, similar to Ken Kaneki. Buying a huge sachet of coffee beans for him to play with, the young man started his walk back to his current place in St. Freya Academy Dorms. 

Opening the door, he was greeted by the wide eyes of Kiana Kaslana. She was dressed in her Valkyrie ranger uniform in contrast o his tattered clothes that looked like he went through a blender. A blender made of spear, stone, and pain. 

"Ahh! A pervert hobo!" Her shouts caught the attention of everyone in the common room, Bronya, Himeko, Theresa, and Mei all had their weapons out. All except Theresa who immediately lowered her knife once she saw the finger guards. 

"Rex?" She called out to her nephew who nodded. 

"It's me." He said as he removed his shoes/boots before putting them on the shoe rack. It was enough for them to see the callouses on his hands, proof of his hard work. 

"Subject Rex Crozzo seems different today." Bronya said as she looked at the young man and recalled her weapon. Worried for her nephew, Theresa immediately grabbed him and pulled him to examine the cuts. They were already cleaned and had medicine on them, but from the looks of it, it was from a bladed weapon. He also has bruises on some areas when she lifted his shirt. 

"You! Infirmary, now!" Theresa said.

"I'm fine." He told her only to yelp when he was carried by his waist over Theresa's head. 

"You girls, stay here!" Himeko said as she followed after the principal. 

The moment they reached the infirmary, Theresa immediately called for a nurse and had Rex remove his shirt. 

"I told you, I'm fine." He said as he tried to stand up. 

"No, you're not!" Theresa shouted as she reached in and removed his shirt to reveal his torso. It was not swole or anything but he was toned. Years of training and fighting gave him a swimmer's build but his body was filled with scars. Some of them even looked a few days to weeks old. "Oh, god!" Holding her mouth in horror, tears formed around her eyes as she saw the scars, from cuts most likely in his wrists that were always hidden by his wristbands or watches. 

Even Himeko felt sick at the burn scars on his back, the majority hidden cleverly by a tattoo of a lotus inside a dragon coiled around it like a circle. 

(just like this but black and without Ningguang, just the symbol) (Think that he has Sanemi scars in his front

(just like this but black and without Ningguang, just the symbol) (Think that he has Sanemi scars in his front.) 

Thankfully none of his new wounds will scar and it was slowly healing. Having no way out, REx looked away from his aunt and at his geo vision. "I was training before you say anything." 

"T-this kind of training is too much!" Tears formed around Theresa's eyes as she looked at Rex.

 "I agree with the Principal here, Rex," Himeko said as she held some medical supplies in her hands. A slight breeze assaulted the trees outside the dorm. 

'I know...' He thought as his hands closed unconsciously and his nails dug onto his skin. A light breeze danced around his frame, only felt by him. 

"Please, Rex... tell me." 

"I SAID I'M FINE!" He shouted in front of her, eyes burning with anger. The two of them flinched, especially some of the female dorm residents who passed by. It was the first time, the first time he became so aggressive, especially for Theresa. She knew him ever since she was a child and he was always so quiet and lifeless, only buying what he needed, never wanting or buying for anything other than what was required. His outburst was strong enough that a strong breeze of wind shattered the infirmary's windows and scratched the walls. Several small protrusions broke through the tiles similar to amber crystals. 

It was only for a single moment but Himeko noticed how his eyes glinted with a teal tint. Taking advantage of their shocked faces, Rex took out a jacket from nowhere and put it on to hide his scars and tattoos. 

"I'll be in my room." He told them as he walked quickly and into his room on the third floor.

"six years..." Theresa whispered as tears fell from her eyes. "six years... this is the first time he showed me this much emotion." She said as her heart broke into hundreds of pieces. Rex, her nephew for the first time, showed her emotion other than his stoic and blank face and it was anger. She hated it... He shouldn't have that kind of face.

"Principal..." Himeko said, She was surprised too. Normally, Rex wore a perfect mask of indifference but now... it was not the same. The first emotion she saw from the boy she saw as a brother was anger. It hurt but for Theresa who raised him, it hurt a lot, after all, he smiled at the thought of someone and not her. 

"Hey, crybaby!" Kiana called out as she saw Rex, only for him to shut the door without acknowledging her. "Hmph! How rude!"

Inside his room, Rex summoned his lyre before turning it into a guitar. Playing a song aggressively before becoming calmer the more he lost his anger.

'damn it, why did you snap at Auntie,' He thought as he opened his atlas. Searching for the last song of the thousand wings, he started to play it and soon, a creature appeared in his bedroom, the same size as a cat. 

"Barbatos!" It called out before stopping. Dark met blue. "You are not him! What did you do to Barbatos?!" It roared angrily and before any of them can react,  a tornado appeared in his room and absorbed the two while his room exploded.