Loss

"How is he?" A young woman wearing a jackal mask as she looked at the screen revealing a figure dressed in a black cloak over armor with a skull. They were encased holding a rusted shield on their arms with a handle and guard for a sword on the other. Suddenly the figure's eyes opened to reveal a pair of dark orbs with burning lotus symbols on his eyes. 

---

It has been a few hours since the incident at the dorms and Rex was safe. Well, safe in a Schicksal-owned hospital with his blindfold on. 

"I'm sorry. But I'm afraid that the damage on his eyes is too severe to treat and he will be blind for the rest of his life." The best doctor of the hospital said as he looked at the principal.

"I see..." 

"Sadly, his body received too much damage and he will be having difficulties..." The doctor said with a wince. 

"Rex..." Theresa whispered as she looked at the files. Why? What did her nephew do to deserve this? 

"B-by our estimates... he only has around a couple of years left to live." The doctor said with a wince. 

Rex stood up from his bed and looked outside from the window like normal. "Where's Dvalin?" He asked as he looked around but he could not sense him and why was his vision so different? "Wait?! Where's my vision?!" He asked as he looked around to find his gift from Mister Zhongli.

"Ehe!" A small wisp said as it formed in front of him, holding his Geo Vision. "Over here!" 

Hearing the voice, Rex looked at the white and blue wisp with a look of shock. "You are..." 

"I'm Venti! Thank you for helping Dvalin!" The wisp said happily as he flew and landed on his hair. "This is comfy!" The wind wisp said. 

"Really?" 

"Yep! Do you have some apples?" The wisp asked as he looked at the man 

"Here." Handing the wisp an apple, the wind wisp smiled as it ate. Unknown to them a small puffball appeared as Rex played his guitar from his vision and with the wisp singing along with the ballads of a thousand wisps. 

As the two sang and played, they did not notice that Theresa entered the room. She was shocked to see him smiling happily without a care in the world. 

"Man, you know if you want it you can come with me," Venti said with a smile as he landed on the guitar's string knob. "You can even sing and travel all day. Away from all problems and be free." The wind spirit said with a smile as it danced on the knob happily. 

"No can do, Ven. I have a... how should we put it... for a lack of a better term, 'Contract' in here." He said with a smile as he saw his vision.

"I see. A contract." The wind spirit said. "He trained you didn't he? I recognized how you gather Geo around you and it is quite similar yet different with him." 

"You  know Shifu?!" Rex asked, and the wind sprite nodded. 

"Of course I do! He's a good friend of mine! You should offer some Osmanthus wine for him!" The wind wisp said happily. 

"Osmanthus wine? I bet I can buy some. Maybe I can taste some."

"Rex!" Theresa shouted as she jumped and hugged her nephew tightly. 

"Auntie?!' He panicked as he looked at her and opened his eyes. His face hit her chest. 

*Crack* And so, the young anemo archon of earth faced his demise from his flat-chested auntie... OH MY GOD! PUT JUDAH BACK!

Ehem. As I was saying,

Rex caught his aunt rather easily  with one his hands holding her by her armpits. She was... crying? Why? Shouldn't she glad she go a few days off from taking care of him. 

"auntie! Is the crybaby here!" 

"Kiana-chan! Wait up!" 

"Subject Kiana Idiotka needs to wait for us." Bronya said as she floated and wincd at the young man's condition. His arms were covered with bandages, his blindfolds show that he was now blind and he can no longer see, his shirt was a bit ruffled up to show his scars and tattoos. 

"Principal, please calm down." Himeko said with a smile as she gently let Theresa down. 

"So... judging by your reaction. I have a timer." He told them nonchalantly as he started strumming. "2 years from what I heard." Rex said as he played nuclear by Mike Oldfield on guitar.

"How?! How are you so calm with this?!" Theresa shouted and knowing that this is a private affair, Himeko let the girls out. 

"Honestly... I have thought of ending it all." He said much to the horror of the two educators. "Hanging, Poison, Jumping off a cliff, Electrocution, and more. But I guess... if I did that I'd cause more trouble than I was alive." He said as he played the guitar skillfully. "Honestly, reputation problems are worse than financial-" Rex's head swerved to the side as a loud snap echoed through the room. 

It did not come from any of the occupants but rather, from he vision he has on his side. 

Rex's eyes widened as he saw it. IT still glowed a pale amber, but it lost the symbol of Geo on it. He felt it! In his chest, the swirling winds turned to a tempest and it disappeared. 

"Rex? Doctor!" Theresa shouted as she held her nephew's hand. "It's gonna be okay." 

'To be stripped away of one's vision, is to be stripped away of one's ambition.' 

He can feel it. It rejected him. His vision... it rejected him and his Gnosis... it disappeared! He... can still control the elements of geo and anemo but it was weaker now. Not at the same level as he could when he still had them but.

He could only hear he distorted shouts of his aunt, teacher, and new friend before he felt something. 

He looked up to see himself in a strange sight.

It was a beautiful temple with a Sakura tree and a pond. It was simple yet elegant and he could feel his cheeks get wet.

A young man in his mid-20's dressed in clothes similar to Trevor Belmont from he Castlevania netflix anime minus the cape stood, a pair of pistols on his waist with a shield showing the Crozzo emblem on his back. His hair was tied to a mullet similar to the one Big boss has and he turned around. 

Rex's eyes widened as he saw him. He knew him... after all, he was the cause of the hatred he received. In front of him was his direct ancestor.

Reinhardt 'Bloodstained Oathbreaker' Crozzo

"Do you know... they both loved this flower. ***** often loved it when ****** prepared us some Cherry Blossom Sake" Reinhardt said with a small smile as a cherry blossom flower landed on his hand before it was burnt away until no ashes remained.

---Next chapter might include some backstory between the Kaslana and Crozzo families and their rivalries.

On a side note:

damn, Rex lost both of his eyes, his ability to use geo and his anem Gnosis. Damn! I wonder what will happen next/