Waking dreams fade

Rex hummed as he looked over his room. He still was blind and now, he was rich, strong, and powerful. 

"Rex. Wake up." The voice of his aunt said as he felt the world shake. 

"AH! OSMANTHUS WINE!" Dark eyes snapped open as he sat up. Looking around, he noticed that he was in his room. 

"Sheesh, why do you have to act like I'm from a horror movie?" A little girl with white hair and blue eyes around 12 years old said with a pout. 

"Sorry, Auntie Theresa." He said nervously. "I just had this dream." He said with a yawn while standing up. Sadly, he tripped and fell face-first on the ground

"Are you alright?" Theresa said as she poked her nephew with her finger. 

"Still alive." He replied while pushing himself up. "At least I'm not blind." He said quietly.

"Blind?" She asked as she dug into his closet and pulled out a coat. Since St. Freya was an all-girls school until recently and Rex is the only male student due to special reasons, he had a special uniform. But Due to her school permitting their students to customize their uniforms, it was fine. 

"Yeah, I became blind after fighting some sort of dragon." He said as he took a towel while Theresa froze. 

A dragon?! Dragon-type Honkai beasts were almost always Emperor-class and above. And each one of them needed a group of A-class Valkyries to subdue. 

"What happened next?" She asked eagerly, stopping from digging in his close for clothes. 

"Hmm... I can't remember but there was singing involve and I was flying with lots of winds around me." He said and Theresa froze. "I can't explain it but I can feel the wind move and I can't see anything. Just outlines similar to a scanner." 

He told her. 

"Was pretty weird. Also, the me in my dreams is kind of crazy. And suicidal." He said as he took one of his pants on his closet. 

"Suicidal? How?" 

"Well, you see, I can hear his thoughts and he was always thinking of how better it would be if we were to die or did not exist." Rex said as he pulled out a pair along with a pair of socks, 

Theresa frowned at this. No, it was just a dream. Shaking her head, she knew Rex will not do something stupid. 

"But. After I lost my eyes. I became... unhinged?" He said, rubbing his chin, the 16 year old hummed as he thought for a better word. 

"Unhinged? How?" She asked, masking her worry as much as she did.

 "Well, I started wearing this cool nail claws. And Dream me is acting more confident, brash, and having genocidal thoughts." He told her. "Also, he has this cool ability to control the wind."  He said while Theresa's eyes widened. "And during the fight with the dragon, he summoned a massive volcano! How cool is that?! It's like one of my Japanese animes!" 

"Rex... what did your dream version call himself?" Theresa asked, her eyes cold as her face was pale. 

Unaware of his aunt's problems, Rex hummed. 

"He was called the 2nd Archon of Anemo." He answered with a shrug. 

"Archon?" She asked and filed it for later. 

"Yup, he was called the Archon of wayward winds by his master, the Geo Archon, Rex Lapis." He said as he stretched a bit. "You okay, Auntie? You look pale." He said as he approached his aunt, worried about her behavior. 

"I'm fine. You should go take a shower, we have a meeting later." She said, handing him his clothes and pushed him inside his dorm's bathroom and closed the door. 

"Grandpa... Grandpa shouldn't know about this." She whispered as she looked at Rex's coat, the one she designed for him. It was a black coat with silver serpentine patterns with light neon blue serpentine patterns and three separated coattails. 

"Rex... shouldn't go back in that kind of life." She whispered as she stood up. Taking her phone out, she typed the word 'Archon' on the search engined and froze. 

Archon = Ruler. 

'Yup, he was called the archon of the wayward winds,' She remembered what her nephew's other self was called and froze. 

'It's just a coincidence.' She thought while shaking her head. 'There's no way for Rex to be a Herrscher.' 

Theresa went downstairs and into the kitchen of the dorms to make some breakfast. Smiling as she made his favorite, egg fried rice. 

"You seem happy today." a red-haired woman said with a smile while approaching the table. 

"Well, Rex will be going on a mission today." She said with a smile while checking the meal she prepared. It was good to go. 

"Auntie Himeko, did you see my case?" Rex asked as he walked in dressed in a black button-up shirt with the top button undone, a white vest over it and his black coat over it. (think of APHO mc but with black shirt, white vest, and he has Vergil's coat that's the same size as his jacket.)

"Oh? I put them on the table." She said while pointing to the living room. "You have a package from your pen pal in New Zealand." She said with a teasing smirk. 

"Wendy?" He asked as he  caug a brown package thrown to him by Himeko. 

"Yeah, you sly dog." Himeko teased, hiding her pain. 

"What is it?" He asked as he opened it on the dining table and helped Theresa set the pot down on the table. 

After their breakfast, Rex hummed as he looked at it. 

"Not gonna open it?" Theresa asked as she looked at him. Right now, she was just as curious as he is. 

"I mean. I should but..." 

"Go, on! Better not let a lady's gift waiting." Himeko said, nudging him lightly. 

"I... I guess." Opening the package, the young 16 year old froze as he saw several things. Qyuickly making a letter and opening it, he can smell the grass and wind from New Zealand.

'Dear Ren,

How have you been? Sorry for not writing to you sooner.  My training has been hard I rarely have the time for myself. I'm fine, don't worry. When I was walking through the city, there was this girl in black clothes with bluish-gray hair. She was selling her wares and she showed me this box. Since I missed you the last time you went here, think of it as a gift. Remember to eat well, okay? 

Your good friend,

Wendy Eurus.

P.S. 

I snuck in some cookies on he container. Don't eat them all in one day.

P.P.S. 

Don't forget to be careful on your missions.' 

"Ooh~" Himeko said with a grin as she read the letter over his shoulder. 

Rex just chuckled and neatly folded the letter before looking at the remaining contents of the package. There was a pair of rings on them with one having a green gem and the other an amber one. Although they looked faded, they were beautiful despite looking cheap. There was also a cookie jar that was undamaged. What caught his attention was the chess piece, a green queen piece.

"This is..." Picking it up, Rex looked at it closely and Theresa froze, nearly dropping her plate at the sight of Rex's eyes. 

They were glowing a slight aqua green similar to the a grassy meadow and a clear blue sky.  She saw it, a small gust of wind playfully fixed his hair as he held it up. 

"Rex..." The glow from his eyes disappeared as he smiled at his aunt.