Chapter 1 - The end of a future past

A young man slowly and tiredly opened his eyes. His eyes barely recognized everything as he pushed himself up. His lungs were burning due to the smoke yet, he pushed himself up. The world was ruined, seas of flame roared, and rubbles of once-mighty skyscrapers littered around him.

The moonlight was the only thing illuminating the area he remembered it. A song, a freaking song.

"Even as I was swallowed by the sea." The young man sang through his burning lungs and failing sight. The song relieving his mind albeit barely.  "Dancing in flames surrounding me." 

"Even as I fell down to my knees in the drought. Even as I lost my mind to the dark unknown. Devoured by the great earth. Did you think that we would, let you go on all alone?" The young man sang as he walked in the ruins with countless corpses around him. Countless weapons and vehicles broken or damaged around, either allies or Honkai Beasts. 

"Screaming out as the lightning struck me down." Tears fell from his heart as he sang. "Shredded in blades of the wind. With my body and heart frozen to the ground." Removing his coat and gloves the young man kept on singing as the sight of purple and pink lines decorated his arms. 

The world has been destroyed, or rather it has been decimated by the Honkai and the Herrschers. The world was ruined yet there is still hope.

But not for him. 

He was dying, infected by the Honkai. The infection only slowed down and mitigated by his resistance and mastery of arts and techniques meant to use the Honkai as an energy source but it was too late. 

"Crawling through fire. Knowing that in sickness and health. No matter what happens. For whatever may come. We will face all our fortune and pain as one!" The young man bitterly sang. 

"Mankind... has lost the war." He bitterly noted while looking at the stars in the sky. They were so beautiful. He wanted to soar above the skies and be free. He hated it. The stares of his now-deceased comrades, the way their dying screams of pain echoed in his mind. Some of them he knew, most of them he did not but they were all warriors fighting till the bitter end. 

Unable to contain himself anymore, the young man collapsed to his knees. The scent of iron and something burning assaulting his nose. The crackling of flames mixing with the echoing screams and cries in his mind in a morbid choir. 

Tears fell from his eyes as he pounded his hand on the ground. 

The roar of a beast and the feeling of his body flung to the side yet he was quick enough to catch himself and look at his attacker. It was a giant boar with frost covering its frame.

A hollow and lifeless chuckle echoed through the field as dark eyes widened with fearful wonder, dark hair matted stained by blood and dirt danced weakly before freezing at the heat's drop. 

A blur appeared in his left arm and a nameless black bow appeared on it. 

"The planet broke before the guard." The young man whispered as he pulled the string back and gazed at the charging beast. An arrow, no, an iron lance appeared on the bow and he released the string. The lanced soared through the air, stopping the beast in its tracks.

The lance pierced through its armor but not enough to kill it. But it was indeed enough to daze it and make it stop.

"Man, I wish I had a girlfriend," he whispered as he stood his ground and drew the string back and aimed it at the Emperor-class Honkai beast's injury. The lines on his hands glowed and lessened slightly until they were now only at his wrists. Another lance appeared on the bow's string and this time it glowed with power. 

Letting the string go, the young man watched as the lance split the one on its way, killing the beast. The man's bow shattered and shrapnel soared through the air, and some hit his eyes.