[Chapter 2 - The winds of change]

"St. Freya... It's been so long." Rex whispered while ignoring his shattered room. It was mostly intact but he stayed and slept in worse conditions. He just exited his shower currently dressed in a pair of black pants and a white short-sleeved shirt

He was involved in a war where it was rough and you needed to move quickly. Reaching in, the young man frowned as he could not access his quantum inventory. 

'That's right, I only had those implants before the just before the 4th Herrscher awakened.' Rex thought, disappointed that he lost most of his arsenal. Opening his dresser, the young man looked at the white double-breasted male Valkyrie uniform he was given. It was specifically made by Aunt Theresa and he never wore it the last time in fear of it being destroyed. And the fact that he preferred the Einherjar uniform of his older brother's squad. 

They were classy and efficient. He did wear the red coat she made but this time, he could not wear it. Not anymore. 

Putting on the white uniform modified to have it open at all times, he slipped on a simple revolver into a holster underneath it. He frowned as he once gained missed the rings he acquired before using two simple bands as a replacement and a small stud with a cross hanging off it. 

'I'll need a feather later.' He thought as he looked at himself in the mirror. And he saw a familiar reflection of a man. He was a few inches taller than him dressed in a standard Einherjar uniform with a feather earring, cold dark eyes that had seen countless deaths and scars as trophies of battles. 

"What the?!" His reflection distorted and he saw someone else. It was a young man with fair skin and a slim build.  His eyes are aqua green which also resembles the sky and the grass. He has dark blue hair that borders on black, with short twin braids that fade into aqua at the tips. 

"I sing to you now of the beauty of all things, seasons come and seasons go, yet the four winds keep their wings. Though the credit is mine, for from my lyre rings, A story that would run cold, were it not for my strings!"

A rather carefree voice echoed from in his mind. 

Who was that? 

Ehe! 

Before he can form any thoughts, a huge explosion shook the whole building. Reacting on instinct, the young slipped into an unarmed fighting stance, Bajiquan. The fighting style he used from his past timeline, taught to him by an old friend. 

Relaxing as he saw that there was no enemy, the young man relaxed and got out of his stance. 

Right now, he only had his revolver and no other weapons. It made him feel naked. 

Soukai City, headquarters of St. Freya far east branch. It was destroyed during the war and he was stationed far away. He remembered when the eruption happened and how he fought for days alone while his comrades died around him. 

The only thing that helped him fight and last that long was the Crozzo family style of walking and breathing. Being one with a world in a way that you are able to maximize your movements while minimizing the lost stamina. A fighting style that focused on practicality and stripped the 'Flashiness' of life. Its main goal was to outlast the enemy. 

But it was not enough. He and his comrades faced total annihilation, all to the last men and women were slaughtered and true to the Crozzo family fighting style, he outlasted the enemy. Most of them. 

He lost his eyes. At the same time, he achieved another way to see albeit briefly. 

The Crozzo family has two main categories of personally developed combat.

Armament and observation. 

He was able to use mostly the observation categories of the Crozzo family-style to develop a displacement style of fighting.

There is a third category with only a few members of the clan ever achieving them. His big brother awakened. It was the Conqueror. 

"I need a new wall... and door." The young man whispered, sighing as he walked ahead and used some blankets and string to cover the hole in his room. "And something to drink." 

Wait. where did that come from?! 

There was no way he was an alcoholic! His brother...

Wait...

knowing his brother, he would just buy the best wine for him to drink and then spoil him some more. 

Taking an olive green trench coat and putting it on, the young man exited his room, one of the rare victims of fights, and walked ahead. He rarely socialized with the valkyries last time due to him being the only male student at the time. His older brother often told him he will have a harem just like from the mangas he read. Sadly, real life is different. 

Sexism sucks. Being the only male warrior in an all-female school felt like hell. Why? Because all manual labors were pushed to him whenever he got partnered up with them and somehow they push all the blame to him. 

It's also a good thing to say that most, if not all, students are gay for each other. 

'This is a school for warriors. Warriors who can pass for supermodels. I just hope the next male to attend here will have a better social life.' Rex thought. His thoughts turning to the kinds of weapons he used during the war. 

'I should have one of them be made ahead of time. And train more. With me securing raining to use a greatsword, I can apply to the Honkai Arc experiment my ancestor developed. It should work now but it will make me take in the compatible Honkai DNA needed because if I mess up. It's over for me.' He has two years. Two years to prepare for the eruptions to happen and make sure he won't die. 

Grandpa Otto... Rex knew he could no longer trust him nor get as close to him as much. Especially now that he knew he possessed a way to read and alter minds. 

"Rex? Are you heading out?" Hearing the familiar voice of his aunt, the young man turned as he saw her. The principal of the far east branch and his adoptive aunt, Theresa Apocalypse. The last time they met, they were on different sides with her and the rest of the remains of Squad V joining anti-Entropy. "Would you like to join us?" 

He knew there was a reason why she betrayed Shicksal, but he could not join her. After all, he was a Schicksal Einherjar at the time and he had to hold the line. 

At least now, he has a way to contact anti-entropy. Their sovereign, Welt Yang should be in the school around this time period. 

"I... I would like that very much, Auntie." He said with a gentle smile on his face. He missed her so much. She was the one that mostly raised both him and his older brother and was like a mother to them. He should have gone with her. 

"Oh! Come on! We have some egg-fried rice and extremely spicy mapo tofu!" Hearing those words, Rex perked up and let himself get dragged by his smaller aunt. 

=== in the dining room. ===

Rex blinked while looking at the occupants of the room. Squad V. He was not close with them except for his aunt and miss Himeko, who was like a big sister to him. 

"Come on, don't be shy," Theresa said with a smile while pushing him down to an empty seat. "I'll bring the Mapo Tofu." 

"Hey, Mei-senpai, Bronya." The white-haired girl, Kiana Kaslana if he remembered correctly, whispered to the girls beside him. Choosing to ignore the murmurs, the young man took off his trench coat and draped it on the backrest. 

"Da, he is Principal Theresa's adoptive nephew," Bronya said and Rex looked at them. In front of them were future members of Anti-entropy and World serpent. Looking at Kiana, dark eyes glinted with recognition. She felt familiar, he did not notice it during last time but she kind of felt like miss Bianka. 

Recognizing the divine smell of extremely spicy mapo tofu, the young man smiled. It was a good day to live again. He can go to the academy workshop to commission a new weapon and he already has one in mind. 

A single-edged greatsword with shotgun barrels that can turn into a glaive and scythe. Oh, and a new bow. One with a minimum of around 60 lbs. And lots of Anti-Honkai arrows. 

'I wonder if someone is in a situation like mine.'

In an alternate universe, a young man by the name of Y/N L/N sneezed while he trained with his geo powers.