Lord of the skies and the young archon

Rex panted heavily while pushing himself up with his broken spear. 

How long? How long has he been fighting with this dragon? A minute? An Hour? A day? A week? Grabbing his right eye with his left, he let a frown form on his face. It was useless now and he had a new scar from below his right eye to his cheek from a stray wind attack. 

Eyeing his spear, he knew it won't be able to handle one more attack from him. 

'Now we can fight as warriors! Hand to hand! It is the basis of all combat! Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon!' That quote. He remembered it so fondly, 

'That's my last Lithic spear.' He thought as he spun it around and dropped to a stance, one focusing on speed and a single thrust. 

Embracing the flow of Geo onto his body, his mortal shell soon became empowered with Geo, arms turning to a similar color towards the earth with glowing lines resembling wind currents, his left eye glinted with a shade of amber. His heavily damaged spear's lines sang with the power of Geo as he held it tightly. 

Muscles clenching, he waited for the right moment as the dragon appeared in front of him. 

'I can't beat him like this but those purple things... I can destroy them,' Rex thought as his muscles tensed and the earth below him rumbled. 

The earth below him was rumbling, eager to help. His vision of Geo, able to harness the power of the earth itself eagerly moved with his will. Missiles of condensed winds were countered by seep blades of stone and earth, protecting his form. 

But sadly, it was not enough. 

The young man noticed it. The cracks on the area he was standing on were covered with magical energy. 

'Shit!' He felt it! He was getting crushed by the wind pressure from the dragon's winds. 

"Suffer pretender!" The dragon roared as it charged up another barrage of its wind missiles.

 Only one last choice. Reaching towards the very energy of Geo itself through their location's leylines, the young man pulled it up. A mountain formed behind him much to their surprise, No, not a mountain but a volcano! 

Molten earth spewed from the volcano and knocked the sky dragon out of the sky. But it took too much from him. He collapsed to all fours and he felt his heart pound harder on his chest. His volcano attack was strong enough to knock down that dragon but... He could feel his body getting weaker. He was not strong enough yet to use that technique and it melted his spear. 

He was out of weapons, his lithic spear was destroyed and his skyward spine was with mister Zhongli for him to repair. He now only had his finger guards and he knew it was over. 

'No... it's not over yet!' He thought as he pushed himself up and flexed his fingers. And he felt it, strength and power flowed into his being. Unknown to him, his new scar transformed into a green pinwheel. His breathing got better and he did not feel as tired as before. 

The amber glow from his eyes changed to teal, and several strands of his hair also glowed, thousand winds sang as he stood up and threw his trench coat off. 

'It's so peaceful.' He thought as he felt the wind dance around him, welcoming and singing for him. 

"Congratulations for unlocking your Gnosis!" A rather familiar voice said. "Ehe! Defeat Dvalin and destroy the poison coursing through his veins." 

Rex just sighed as he looked at the dragon, foreign memories assaulted his mind.

Around two thousand years ago, Dvalin was born from a convergence of elemental energy in the high heavens. This young dragon was very curious and descended to the continent of Teyvat to observe the world around him. As an enormous and powerful dragon, his presence frequently but unintentionally caused havoc and destruction around him, resulting in fearful or spiteful reactions from humans. Dvalin did not yet understand the consequences of his actions and was thus confused and hurt by the treatment he received.