Chapter 3 - The new wind

After the breakfast the group had. Well, after most of them except for him, who is still stuffing his face elegantly with food along with Kiana Kaslana. The both of them had easily racked up 6 bowls of rice each.

"So, Rex. Why did you join us today?" Theresa asked. Usually, the young man would eat alone in his room last time but now.

"I guess... I just had nothing to do." Wiping his mouth, the young man looked at the cup holding a nice amount of coffee. Ah yes, the drink of the gods that kept him awake. He remembered the mad lads of his einherjar squadron who would literally walk a warzone just to get him a nice cup of coffee.

"Oh? Himeko told me you would like to learn how to use a greatsword." Hearing the principal's statement, the girls were interested immediately.

"I did. I needed to expand my armory." True, he might not have his weapons from before nor was he as skilled, he needed to train. But there was something inside him that says to get drunk.

FREEDOM!!! WINE!!!!

Yeah, he'll ignore it.

"Do you mind if I use the workshop later? I need to start forging a weapon." Rex looked at his aunt who nodded.

"I don't mind. What weapon will you make?"

"... A great sword," Rex answered while taking his dishes to the sink. "One that can turn to a glaive and has gun barrels. Or I can go full Astartes and have a chain sword."

"As... Tarts?" Kiana asked wondering if she has enough money to buy some desserts,

"Space marines?" Bronya whispered.

"I'll go first, Auntie." The young man went ahead after putting his dishes on the dishwasher.

"Ok! Don't be late."

===

That was a lie, Rex did not want to go to school, rather he has to train. This younger body of his is not as strong as his old one. Currently dressed in a green hoodie to hide his uniform, the young man approached the archery range. He needed to train this body's muscle memory. And to do that, he needed to buy a bow and arrows.

That's why.

"Welcome! What are you buying?" A morbidly obese man said. "Call me the duke," The duke said with a courteous bow.

"Good morning, I would like to buy a traditional bow," Rex said. Traditional bows were the basis of all bows. "And three arrow quivers." He said.

"Oh? Interesting." The duke said. "While we are out of traditional ones this should be to your liking." Pulling out a beautiful green bow, the duke handed it to the young man.

"Try it

"Try it." The duke pressed a button and a target appeared on the other side of the room. Putting a quiver on the table, the morbidly obese merchant chuckled.

Taking several arrows and letting the memories of his future past, the young man stored the arrows in his draw hand with some on the hand holding his bow.

Taking to a stance, it was tight and showed experience, the young man drew the swing with minimal effort. 30 Kilograms of draw weight were easily pulled back and the arrow was released, then another one, and another one. 3 arrows were shot in 1 and a half-second with all of them hitting the bullseye before he changed the bow to his right and used his left. It was more awkward and took him 3 seconds with only one hitting a barely-passable bull's eye.

"Well done!" The duke praised as he watched the boy.

My greatest wish? It has always been to roam free and experience the whole world. Now I would add that wherever I go, it simply must be with you! Each day with you is an adventure, and where adventurers go, storytellers must follow!

Rex flinched as he heard a voice out of nowhere.

The Pyro Archon is a wayward, warmongering wretch, and the Geo Archon is a brutish blundering buffoon! How do I know? Because this is written in the epic poems of days gone by!

The hell! Who said that?!

"Dear customer, are you alright?" The duke asked.

"I'm fine. I'll be taking this," Rex showed the duke a black card with a Crozzo family symbol. It was a credit card that allowed him to buy things. It was given to him by his big brother.