[Chapter 6 - Thunder and wind]

"Master!" Blood Embrace said with a smile as she floated next to Rex with a water bottle in her hands. The two were deep within the mountains, a private training area that Rex used for himself, found by Blood Embrace.  

"Thank you, Sanguinaria," Rex said while taking the water bottle and taking several gulps. 

"Master, can I go to your concert?" Sanguinaria asked as she floated around him. 

"Why not? Besides, it's virtual," he said with a shrug as he hefted the red-colored cross weapon he used—the weapon form of blood embrace. 

"Oh?" Sanguinaria smiled as she landed on her master's shoulder and watched as an orb of wind appeared on Rex's hand. It was beautiful. "Don't you have a joint training session with Squad V later?" She reminded him. 

"I do. that's why I am patching things up here." He smiled as he held a wind orb and watched as it devoured the air around him. Dark eyes widened slightly as a handle formed out of the sphere. Pulling it out, the young man smiled at the sword of wind he pulled out. 

"Not bad." He whispered, giving the blade of wind several practice swings. 

A standard European longsword, simple and easy to create. Taking a swing, the young man watched as a gash formed at a boulder several meters away from him. 

"Good enough," He whispered with a smile. 

"Master! Come on!" Sanguinaria said with a smile as she floated beside him, holding her ax. 

"Okay, okay," Rex said with a chuckle. Focusing on his form, the young man's eyes glowed aqua green, and a white cloak embroidered in gold formed over his body and clothes. 

"Come on, " He told Blood Embrace with a smile, holding the little ELF close to his chest and his cross on his back; the young man moved.

Like how the wind breeze flows through obstacles, the young man was a blur to all life around him.

Nearing the city's edge, the young man gracefully landed on a lily pad.

Those who would have seen the sight would have thought an angel landed from the heavens,

His step was barely enough to create a ripple. His cloak resembled the wings of a landing bird while his hood hid his face, unable to be comprehended by any mortal life form. The Archon of wind jumped off the lily pad and soared through the air like a swan mid-flight in one swift movement. 

Landing on the ground softly, Rex smiled as his cloak disappeared. Clad in his usual casual attire, the young man hummed as he walked, Sanguinaria by his side. If one were to look at them, they would look like a pair of siblings. 

Ren smiled as he let Sanguinaria hold the edge of his jacket as they walked. 

"Master, will you remake Fenrir again?" Sanguinaria asked as they walked side by side 

"Of course, I will," Rex answered with a smile at his little companion. "I will remake your crimson flower." 

"Yay!" 

As the duo entered the dorms, the two paused at the sight of Rex's adoptive mother. 

"

"..." Noticing the unconscious forms of the others with smoking bumps on their heads, the young man covered Sanguinaria's eyes and looked at his mother. 

"I saw nothing." He said while carrying the cross he had and the little elf walking away into the kitchen. 

---

Rex held his cross an hour after the massacre and watched as Theresa pulled knives out of Judah.

'Honestly... who uses divine keys to store cooking utensils?' Rex thought as he fed Sanguinaria some tomato juice. 

"So, a cross?" Theresa asked, watching as her son took care of a little girl that looked like a Kaslana. 

"Yeah, I normally use pistols, but the ones we have are either too weak, too strong, or..." 

"Too flashy." Blood Embrace said with a smile as she drank her juice. 

"Yeah, I mean those things will be more of a liability in the field," Rex added as he stared at the fried rice. It has been a long time since he last ate his mother's meals. "Honestly, it's like the designing companies just made sure to have it look cool than practical." 

"Well, Grandpa made sure only to have me use the best equipment," Theresa said with a smile as she set up the dinner table. 

"I see... I'm going to have a new sword for me designed."

"Oh? That's great! I'll handle-" 

"IT's okay. I already have the money and blueprints needed." Rex said as he ate the fried rice.

"Eh? But?"

"Master's momma should not worry! I have created all of the master's gear, and I have made them suit him well." Sanguinaria said with a smile.

"But still..."

"Oh? Can we redo my bolter? I know I will have to get more muscles." Rex said as he remembered his beloved mini-missile launcher.

"Yes, I also have the trial of fire schematics and your power armor."

"Which one? The black templar model given to me by the high marshall or the Lamenter armor?" Rex asked, not noticing the pout from his mother.

"I have the schematics of both of them, but we can re-design them."

"Nanomachine-powered exo-suits?" Rex asked as he took a bite from the meal.

Theresa just pouted from being ignored by her son. 

The principal reached in and pulled the ear of the two. 

"Stop ignoring me!" Theresa shouted as she twisted the ears, causing the two to cry out in pain. 

"Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow." Rex repeatedly mouthed as he remembered how strong his mother really was. 

"I'm so sorry!" Sanguinaria sobbed, blue eyes brimming with tears. 

"Principal, have you seen Kia-" Mei paused at the sight of her roommate and a little girl getting punished by the principal. 

Her eyes glowed purple at the sight, and when Rex turned around, Mei's eyes widened. For the briefest of seconds, Rex's eyes glowed aqua green and in his eyes were a symbol.

"Oh, hey, Raiden

"Oh, hey, Raiden." Rex greeted casually despite the pain he felt. "Wanna fight me with a sword?"

"No! Master! You remembered what happened?!" Sanguinaria suddenly screamed out. Both Theresa and Mei looked at the ELF and back at him.

Is Rex hiding something from them?

The door opened suddenly, and they all looked towards...

Bronya with a 3MP3R0R-themed hoodie on. She groggily went towards the fridge to get something to drink when.

"Oh? That's one of the collector's editions from last year." Rex said, causing Bronya to stare at him in shock. "Oh, no! I have to collect my guitar!" Rex said as he tried to get free from his mother.

As Mei looked at Rex, there was only one thing in her thoughts. 'i...is he a Herrscher too?' She thought.