Chapter 5

Vanessa-

I stand in front of Apollo's bedroom door, nervous. I've gotten accustomed to Apollo sleeping next to me almost everyday. I give myself a quick reassurance talk before knocking on the door. I lightly knock twice & wait patiently for Apollo to open the door. He opens the door in his towel & I gulp.

My eyes linger up & down his body, following the water droplets down his abs, to his defined waist & sharp V line. The towel hung dangerously low on his waist. My gaze then falls on the big bulge on his towel. My throat goes dry. Is everyone in this family blessed?

"Are you done eye fucking me?" He chuckles & I clear my throat.

"Sorry, I'll come back later." As I'm about to turn around, he grabs my arm.

"Stay." I nod. He steps aside & I walk into his bedroom. I sit on the edge of his bed staring at the ground.

"Why are you so shy?"

"I'm not." I say, still looking at the ground.

"You sure?" I nod. His feet come into view & surprisingly his toes aren't ugly. He just has really big feet like everyone else in this family.

"Then look at me." I slowly look up & I come face to face with his bulge.

"Look at me not him." He chuckles. I look at him & his green eyes stare back into my brown eyes. He leans down & kisses my forehead. A water droplet falling on my cheek.

"Lay down Princessa, I'll be right back." I nod & he walks off into the bathroom. I sit down on the bed & a small framed picture catches my attention. It's a picture of Apollo & I, with Leo & Milo. I grab the photo & smile. I remember this photo being taken when we all were in the backyard 3 months ago.

Apollo was teaching me how to swim & Leo had gotten a camera. He took a picture of all of us. Milo was reading a book while I was holding onto Apollo for dear life in the pool. Leo had a big smile on his face with a thumbs up. I remember that day like it was yesterday.

"Why are you smiling?" I hear Apollo's deep chuckle & I feel the bed dip beside me.

"This photo. I remember it. This is the day I knew you guys became my family, including Elliot & Sage." He looks at me with a smile & kisses my forehead.

"I love your forehead." He draws a heart on it & I smile.

"Stop it & leave it alone." I swat his hand away.

"Never." He kisses my forehead again. I put the photo back & lay down on my back. He lays on my chest & I rub his head. He hooks his arms under my thighs & snuggles into my chest.

...

Apollo-

I am woken up by my phone ringing. I'm so comfortable. I look at my princessa peacefully sleeping. I slowly get up from the bed & grab my phone, answering it.

"Sí?!" I say, clearly annoyed.

"Watch your tone with me." I hear my mother's voice.

"Oh shit, sorry. Yes madre?"

"You need to get out of there. I've located the Russos & they are on their way to the safe house. They want to kill the girl because they claim she's the reason why one of theirs was killed at the event. Hijo, don't let anything happen to her. She's went through enough."

"How'd they find us?" I ask.

"I don't know but I'm not worried about that right now. Get y'all asses out of there. I've got the jet ready for you at the airport. Grab whatever you need & get out! They cannot see her, cover her up. Destroy the house too hijo."

"Gracias madre." I look at Vanessa & sigh. When can she catch a break?

She hangs up. I get up & grab a black duffle bag. I open the drawers, grabbing my knives & guns. I load all of my guns, putting them into the duffle. My bedroom door opens & I point my gun at Leo, he holds his hands up in defense.

"Don't do some shit like that again." He nods

"We don't have time to pack. They'll be here under 10 minutes."

"Grab her mother's photo in her room. She won't leave without that." I tell him & he nods, rushing out the room. I walk over to her & shake her. She furrows her eyebrows & she opens her beautiful brown eyes.

"Come here gorgeous, we're leaving." She sits up, rubbing her face & I grab her, picking her up. She wraps her arms around my neck & I wrap her legs tightly around my waist, holding her up by her ass. I grab the blanket & wrap it around her body. She lays her head in the crook of my neck & yawns.

"Put me down Apollo." She whispers & I shake my head.

"No. Stay quiet princessa & go back to sleep."

"What's going on?" She asks. I feel her body begin to tense.

"Princessa trust me, everything is going to be fine. Be a good girl for me & keep your head down." She nods. I grab the duffle bag & swing it over my shoulder.

"Apollo, let's go!" Milo yells & I walk out of the bedroom. I walk towards the back door open & kick the door open, stepping outside. Milo walks over to me & I hand her over to him. I watch his hands carefully & he grips onto her thighs.

"I can walk y'all." She laughs & Milo chuckles.

"We're aware of that. Now keep your head down." She nods & lays her head on his shoulder. He turns around & walks away. I walk back into the house & turn the oven on, leaving it on its highest setting. I put plastic in the oven & I run out of the house.

Leo beeps & I run towards the black car. I open the back seat door & get in, closing the door. I throw the duffle bag into the trunk. Leo quickly drives off & the house turns into flames. I turn my head & stare at my princessa, who is staring out the window.

"Princessa lay your head on my lap." She stares at me with tired eyes & nods. She rests her head on my lap & I rub the side of her face. She shuts her eyes & Milo stares at us through the rear mirror, sighing.

"Que vamos a hacer primo?" Milo asks
What are we going to do cousin?

"I don't know." I sigh & look at the beauty laying on my lap.

"But I'm going to protect her."

"We all are." Leo says, & Milo nods.

"You're going to be okay princessa, I promise." I lean down & kiss her cheek softly.

____________________________

how y'all like it?🧍🏾‍♀️

Bitch, I'm scareddddd🥲

Milo🤰🏾🤰🏾

How y'all doing?

Ok ok, last update😭. I'll leave y'all alone💔🙄.