Chapter 10

Vanessa-

I sit across from Apollo at the dining table as I eat breakfast. He watches me carefully & I try my best to ignore his gaze. I look at him & tilt my head.

"Why are you staring?" I laugh & he smiles.

"I'm admiring all your beautiful features." I feel my cheeks heat up & I look away. I was woken up by Milo knocking on the door like a crazy man. I accidentally put the alarm at 6 PM rather than 6 AM. Apollo woke up as well & he can't go back to sleep without me. I'm still in my bonnet.

"Hurry up megamind we won't be waiting all day."

"Leo shut the hell up. It's too early for your shenanigans." I roll my eyes.

"Your forehead is extra big when you wake up." He laughs & I flip him off.

"Will I be wrong if I stick this fork up into your PP hole?" I watch as his smile drops & his eyes widen. He shakes his head.

"I'll meet you in the gym." He walks away & I laugh.

I finish my waffles & Apollo grabs my plate, putting it in the sink & washes it.

"Thank you." I kiss his cheek & walk away.

"Bring your sexy ass back here & give me a proper kiss." I smile & turn around, walking back over to him. I kiss his cheek again & he glares at me. He turns off the water & dries his hands.

He grabs me by my arm & pulls me against his chest, connecting our lips. He squeezes my ass & I wrap my arms around his neck. He hoists me up & sits me down on the counter, standing in between my legs. He slips his tongue into my mouth & our tongues move in sync. He grips onto my waist & I tug on his curls.

"Are y'all done?" Milo clears his throat & I pull away, smiling. I hide my face in Apollo's chest & he chuckles.

"Go princessa." He kisses my cheek & I nod. I hop down & he squeezes my ass making me squeal. I follow Milo to the gym & he opens the door. Leo throws the headgear at me & I stick my tongue out, he does the same.

"Here we go." Milo rolls his eyes.

...

Apollo-

I lean against the gym door watching her train with Milo & Leo. I would've went back to sleep but I've gotten accustomed to her sleeping with me all the time. Before, I barely slept because I had insomnia. She eases my mind & calms my nerves.

I smile proudly at her improvement. She's gotten faster with blocking Milo's hits. She still has a long way to go but she's good. My phone rings & I grab it, staring at the no caller ID. I walk away & answer the phone.

"Sí?"

"I'm going to kill her." The deep voice from the other end of the phone that I know TOO well, chuckles.

"& I'll kill you Roman." I hang up. That son of a Bitch has an obsession with my unhappiness. He has destroyed every good thing in my life & I'm not letting him take away the best thing that the universe has given me.

I walk back into the gym & sit on the bench. I sigh & rub my face in frustration. Fucking bitch ruined my mood.

"Primo you good?" Leo asks & I nod. Vanessa turns around & walks over to me. I hold my arms open & she hugs me, sitting on my lap. She pecks my lips & I smile.

"Take 10." Milo says & they nod. She grabs a water bottle & I watch as she drinks it. The sweat glistening off her melanin skin. I wrap my arms around her & lay my head on her chest.

"No, I'm sweaty." She tries to lift my head off her chest.

"I don't care." I shake my head.

"But I do." She pinches my nose & I slap her ass. Leo throws a boxing glove at her head & I chuckle. She bends down & grabs the boxing glove, throwing it back. I shake my head. They can't never go a day without getting on each other's nerves.

Milo approaches me & sits next to me. Leo throws the boxing glove again & Vanessa stands, running after him. I laugh at their foolishness.

"It's everyday man." He shakes his head & chuckles.

"Always."

I smile as I watch her laugh beautifully. She's so happy & alive. Seeing her glow & happy makes my heart warm.

"Roman called." I say & Milo snaps his head in my direction. He raises an eyebrow.

"He knows about her & he threatened to kill her." I sigh & Milo's eyes darken.

"He won't. He's well aware that we, including the whole Valentino family will kill him & his family over Vanessa." I nod.

"He's trying to get under my skin."

"& it's working." He shakes his head & sighs. I raise an eyebrow, allowing him to continue.

"Primo, she's your strength but also your weakness. As much as I love to see you both happy, you need to back down a bit."

"Milo if you think I'm going to let her go then-" he cuts me off.

"No, never. There is eyes & ears everywhere. People will use her to get under your skin, if they can see that you care deeply about her. She's already a target, she doesn't need other people after her too. Apollo, I need you to keep her alive. She's the only good thing we've got in this family." He sighs.

"If anything was ever to happen to her, you know Leo would go insane." I chuckle & he nods.

"Apollo, come!" I look at my princessa & smile. I stand & walk over to her.

"What is it mi amor?" I ask & she smiles.
My love.

"Kiss?" She points to her forehead & I laugh. I lean down & kiss her forehead.

"See, he does love my forehead you unseasoned bastard." She flips him off & Leo snorts. I wrap my arms around her & she smiles brightly.

"Beautiful." I place a small kiss on her forehead.

"Handsome." She pokes my nose & I kiss her cheeks.

"Megamind." Leo speaks from behind & I laugh. She turns around & chases after him, slapping him in the head.

The only good thing in our lives.
_______________________________

How y'all like it?🧍🏾‍♀️

Good morning or Good afternoon❤️

Leo dear, ima need you to stfu🧍🏾‍♀️😭.

When can my dear sis catch a break?😒