You/Kanao Tsuyuri - Threats

AN: Shinobu ended up surviving her attack with Douma. 

You cried out as you felt something hit the back of your neck. Before you could check what it was or if you were bleeding, you began to fill dizzy. Just before you passed out, you saw a blur with the color of Shinobu's haori move in the corner of your eye. 

"Oh my, it seems like you overworked yourself. Don't worry. I'll take good care of you."

X

You woke up to find yourself in an unfamiliar room. It was bare with the exception of a bed, some medical supplies and a chair. You gasp loudly when a figure suddenly appears from the shadows. When you see its Shinobu, you let out a sigh of relief. However with the scary smile that she was giving you, you weren't sure if you were any safer. 

"Lady Kocho! W..what happened?"

"You passed out and I carried you here. You must be overworking yourself. I told you that you needed to take it easy."

You held your breath as she got closer. You could've sworn she had a weapon in her hand but it turned out to just be a syringe. 

"I feel fine now. Kanao must be worried."

"Kanao knows of your situation. I told her that I'll nurse you back to health. I wouldn't want for my sister's fiancee to die on us."

You nodded and let her prick you with whatever was in the syringe. As the liquid works through your system, you find it difficult to breathe. You start to sweat as you struggled to breath. 

"W..what was that..."

You asked in between breaths. 

"This? This is just to help you get some rest. Your body is still recovering and I needed for the medicine to....."

You could see her talking but you couldn't hear her. 

"I...I...."

You ended up passing out again. 

X

You wake up a second time to find Kanao by your bedside. She smiles when she sees you open your eyes. 

"I was so worried. I told you that you didn't need to work so hard, (y/n)."

You tried to sit up but it was far too painful. You ended up crying out in pain, making Kanao worry. She gently pushes you back down and goes to call Shinobu but you stop her. 

"N..no. No Shinobu."

"But you're hurting...."

"Please. I haven't seen you in a while. I'm fine."

Kanao reluctantly sits down after a while. You're relieved that she doesn't push for Shinobu to come over. You had a feeling that she had something to do with your sickness. As far as you remember, you hadn't been overworking. 

Eventually Kanao has to leave after a few hours. You plead for her to stay but she's unable to. As soon as Kanao walks out, Shinobu walks in. The smile she was giving you was supposed to be comforting but it scared you. You weren't sure what was going on but you feared that she was possibly poisoning you. You remembered how she had threatened you for dating Kanao but you didn't pay her any attention. 

"Kanao told me that you managed to hurt yourself. I told you that you couldn't put any strain on your body." 

She sighs and pulls out another syringe along with a vial of liquid. 

"I won't move anymore. I don't need that!"

You feared that the liquid she was giving you was making you sicker. You were only in bed rest because you had overworked yourself. Not because you had hurt yourself. You attempted to scoot away from her but she held you down. For someone so tiny, she was surprisingly strong. It didn't take long for her to prepare the injection and jab you with it. 

You feel your muscles start to relax and your eyes began to feel heavy. 

"I'm sorry, (y/n). But I warned you."

There was no doubt in your mind, Shinobu was trying to kill you. 

X

You woke up sweating, thinking that you had dreamed the last few days but you hadn't. You were still in bed rest with Shinobu trying to kill you. You needed to tell Kanao. It was painful to move but you couldn't wait any longer to tell Kanao. 

Climbing out of bed, you use the wall to keep yourself standing as you struggled to leave the room. The struggle was making it difficult to breathe and your entire body felt like it was on fire. Just as you're about to reach the door, it opens to reveal the two sisters. In shock, you lose the last of your strength, making you fall. 

"(y/n)!" Kanao rushes to your side and quickly carries you back to bed. "What were you doing? You're still recovering...."

Her mouth was moving but you couldn't hear what she was saying. 

"Sh...'nobu is tr....ing to kill me.."

Both sisters are horrified to hear this. Shinobu couldn't understand why you would claim she was trying to kill you. Kanao was trying to understand how you could accuse of Shinobu trying to kill you when she had been the one to save you. 

"It must be the poison. She's hallucinating. I can't believe that I didn't catch it right away. Just try to calm her down while I prepare another antidote."

Kanao nods and attempts to calm you down. However you're not listening to any reason. You start to panic, now thinking that the two sisters were conspiring against you. 

"N..no! Don't k..kill me!"

You felt betrayed when Kanao just held you down for Shinobu to inject whatever was in the vial. You tried to scream for help but nothing came out. Your muscles relaxed again and you began to get sleepy. 

"This was the last dose that I needed to administer. The next time she wakes up, she'll be feeling better."

"Thank you."

The two sisters remain in your room, wanting to be there for when you would wake up. 

X

You wake up this time feeling much better. Nothing hurts but you were exhausted. 

Someone moves on your side, making you turn to find that Kanao had slept besides you. You smiled and pressed a kiss to her cheek. Her eyes open when you pull back. 

"You're awake." She says with a smile. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling fine. Just tired."

 The two of you talking manages to wake up Shinobu. She had taken to sleep on the chair in the room. 

"No more hallucinations?"

Shinobu asks with a smirk. You frown, unsure of what she meant. 

"What?"

"Well somehow you managed to poison yourself and I didn't catch it in time to stop it from spreading. I only realized a few hours later and it ended up with you thinking that we were going to kill you."

You groaned loudly, feeling embarrassed about what had happened. 

"Any chance that the two of you forget about this and never speak about it."

"I won't tell."

"Not a chance!"

The two of them answered exactly as you expected. Your wonderful girlfriend would not tell a soul and your cruel soon to be sister-in-law would tell the world.