You/Shinobu Kocho - Forest(Angst) Part 1

Prompt by: Kenjiro-Kun

Shinobu had walked up and down the village without being able to find a trace of the demon she had been assigned to hunt down. There wasn't another village nearby so she couldn't have gotten the location wrong.

"How strange."

She mumbled to herself. Deciding that it wouldn't hurt to check the forest, Shinobu made her way to the outskirts of the village. Again, she walks around the perimeter of the villages but there's still no sight of the demon. There was however the scent of something sweet. She followed the trail until the edge of a nearby lake.

Shinobu fully expected to find the demon but there's nothing around. It infuriates her that she couldn't even find a trace of some low level demon. She was a Hashira, she could sense the presence of demons from miles away and yet this one somehow had managed to cover their trail.

With no luck on the ground, Shinobu takes to higher ground. She jumps from tree to tree until she's able to spot the demon hiding at the top of the mountain.

"You've caused me a bit of trouble."

She tells them with a smile and a sweet tone.

"Congratulations. You caught me. I suppose they don't call you a Hashira for no reason."

Shinobu pulls out her sword and holds the tip to his chest.

"That's correct. I'm sad we couldn't be friends."

The demon expects a quick death but he's surprised to find himself in so much pain. He can't scream but tears well up in his eyes. He's horrified to find the slayer was still smiling despite seeing how much pain he was in. The only thing that differentiated him from the slayer was the fact that she was human. Only psychopaths smiled at the pain of others. Maybe she could've been one of them.

When the demon disappears, Shinobu returns her sword back to her sheath. She was exhausted but the Master wanted to have a meeting with all the other Hashira's. If she rested in the village, she wasn't going to be able to make it in time. She speeds off to the Master's estate despite promising that she would stop by the estate to check in with you and the girls.

X

Shinobu couldn't pay any attention to what the Master was saying. She felt hot and it didn't help that other Hashira's surrounded her, making her feel claustrophobic.

"Are you alright?"

Giyu whispers to her after seeing how much she was sweating.

"I'm alright, Giyuu. Pay attention to the master."

The rest of the meeting, Shinobu isn't bothered by anyone else. They're all dismissed but Giyuu follows after Shinobu.

"Are you sure that you're alright? You don't look well."

Shinobu turned around to give him a piece of her mind for him following her but she couldn't get a word out. The sudden urge to kiss him became overwhelming. She couldn't control her actions as she gripped his haori with both hands and pulled him in for a deep kiss. Giyuu's in a state of shock to push her away.

X

When Shinobu never showed up in the morning after her mission, you set out to find her. Shinobu always checked in after her missions so you feared that something must've gone wrong.

"Shinobu Kocho is at the Master's Estate! She's at the estate!"

Your crow lands on your shoulder and you hand him a large crumb of your food as thanks.