You/Shinobu Kocho - Forest(Angst) Part 2

TW: Death

Mitsuri knew she had to step in to help you and Shinobu but she was at a loss of what to do

Mitsuri knew she had to step in to help you and Shinobu but she was at a loss of what to do. Neither of you told her what exactly happen. All she knew was that you had broken up with Shinobu. She found it strange considering that you always said Shinobu was your soulmate, the last thing she expected was for you to break up with Shinobu.

"What exactly happened with you and Shinobu?"

Mitsuri finally asks during dinner. You sigh when you see the determined look in her eyes. Mitsuri was clearly not going to leave you be about the breakup. You appreciated the fact that she was looking out for you but the painful memories of what happened were still fresh in your mind.

"Can we not do this, Mitsuri?"

"We need to do this, (y/n). You've been neglecting your duties and you've only just got out of bed. If I let you continue like this, I worry that it'll take months for you to get better."

"I just need a couple of more days and I'll be fine."

"You don't sound too sure."

"Please excuse me." You hurry to pick up your bowl of food and head to the kitchen to wash it up. Once the bowl is clean, you make your way to your room. "Thank you for dinner."

You tell Mitsuri as you exit the dining room. Mitsuri just watches you leave with a frown. She hadn't intended to upset you. If you weren't going to say anything, maybe Shinobu might give her answers.

X

"Mitsuri! It's a pleasure to see you here. What can I do for you?"

Shinobu might look happy but her smile was fake. The cheery tone was fake and it was quite obvious that she hadn't been sleeping well.

"I apologize for coming over in short notice but I was hoping you could answer a question for me."

Shinobu nods and motions for Mitsuri to take a seat by her desk. Considering that she knew that you were staying with Mitsuri, she had a feeling that her fellow Hashira was going to ask about the breakup.

"What happened with you and (y/n)? The two of you were so happy."

"Were is the keyword. There's no reason to bring up the past. She broke up with me and clearly wants nothing to do with me."

"You know that's not true. You know that she loves you. She couldn't stop talking to me or the other Hashiras about you. She even asked Kanao for permission to ask you out."

Shinobu looked down as she gripped her uniform pants. A lump was forming in her throat while she desperately tried to hold back her tears.

"She broke up with me, Mitsuri. I don't know what happened but a demon must've used their demon blood art to confuse my mind. I'm not sure what it did exactly but from what I could gather, it switched how I felt for the things I love to the things I hate. She saw me kissing Giyuu and assumed that I've always had feelings for him. When she broke up with me, I couldn't think clearly so I couldn't explain what actually happened."