Chapter 1: P-P-P-Papa?!

(Rimuru's Perspective)

<<Travel... Successful. Master has successfully arrived at the destination. Time: When Master was first reincarnated. Place: Subject Veldora's cave. Notice: Master's previous self in this timeline merged with Master as soon as the transport took place.>> I could hear Ciel's voice as I observed my surroundings. This was definitely the same place I woke up in when I first came to this world.

"Good job, Ciel."

<<...>> Ciel didn't say anything in response, but I am so sure that if she had a body, she would be smiling smugly while puffing out her chest. Hmm? A body? I suddenly had an idea.

"Hey, Ciel. Could you create a [Parallel Existence] for me, please?"

<<...Understood.>> Ciel looked a bit confused, but she agreed nonetheless. In an instant, a clone of myself appeared in front of me.

"Great. Now, transfer your conscience to it."

<<!!!!>> Great, Ciel sounds surprised. That's good. A smug smile appeared on my face. She followed my orders and transferred her conscience to my [Parallel Existence]. In an instance, the clone in front of me had its eyes turned red. Other than that, however, it looked just like me.

"Master, why did you ask me to do this?" Ciel, now in front of me, said with a puzzled expression.

"Well, you see... I just thought it would be boring to simply play things in this timeline the way it was last time, so I thought having you here might make things more fun!" That was all, really. I had already figured out there would definitely be changes to the timeline, considering my current power and all that, but well, I thought it would be boring to just do everything by myself like last time. Of course, at that time I still had Ciel—[Great Sage] at that time— supporting me from the deepest parts of my soul, but it wasn't the same as having her by my side.

<<I see, in that case, allow me to accomp—>> Ciel suddenly stopped talking and faced a corner of the cave. I was puzzled for a moment before I suddenly felt a presence coming toward us from there.

Hmmm? That's weird. I am leaking a bit of my True Dragon Aura, which should be more than enough to scare away most monsters. Yet, there was still someone willingly walking toward us without caring about that.

I wasn't really on guard. I am the most powerful being in the whole worlds, so no matter who it is, I should be able to defeat them easily in case they are hostile. And I also have Ciel here in person, which should be able to use my full power as well because of the [Parallel Existence]. In fact, she might as well be stronger than me, with all her computational skills. Wow, now that I am thinking about it, Ciel is really scary...

As I was thinking that, the mysterious being entered my field of view. I could use my [Universal Sense] Skill instead of depending on my human version's senses, but due to the fact that it had evolved to the point where I can basically see anything I want within the world's boundaries, I kind of feel it is like cheating...

What came into view was a red blob. More specifically, a red slime. Huh? I tilted my head. Have there always been other slimes in this cave? I tried to recall my previous visits to this cave but... nope, nothing comes to mind.

"Ermm... Ciel, was this slime supposed to be here?" I can already tell the answer, but I decided to ask anyway.

"No, Master, this red slime shouldn't be here. There has never been any report of a red slime, or any slime other than you, in fact, appearing in this cave."

Yup, I guessed it, but then... What was this slime doing here? Suddenly, I felt someone was trying to contact me through [Thought Communication]. I could only hear weird grumbles, though.