Chapter 19: *Ufufufu intensifies*

[Unrevised]

"Micchan you stupid!"

"Reicchi you dummy! Nanoda!"

"Ufufu, how cute~, just be careful with the table, girls~"

"Grrrrrr..." x2

Inside one of the rooms of Tempest, a peculiar scene was taking place. Two figures were glaring at each other in full strength before finally engaging in a cat fight.

Nyaaah!-Muiiii!-Nmii!-Mukiiii! They pinched at each other's cheeks and rolled around on the room's floor, showing no sign of slowing down. Until...

*bump* ...A picture frame fell from a table they had stumbled upon as they quarreled...

*fiuuuuuu* *crack* it made that shattering sound after it fell to the ground. The girls turned a bit pale as they noticed.

"Ah." x2

The two previously fighting girls looked at each other with expressions that could be used to describe fear. A stream of cold sweat ran down their back as they slowly turned their heads around like badly-oiled machines. At the end of their gaze... a monster. No, a demon appeared.

"My my, what did I just say, I wonder~?"

"I-I just remembered I have something to do noda..."

"Y-Y-Yes me t-too! U-U-Uncle Velora said he needed my help..."

Sensing danger, the girls decided to follow their instinct and make the most intelligent choice: Run!

"Ufufufu...don't worry...I'm sure they'll forgive you for running a bit late~~" You failed to escape!

"...Okay, it seems like it's time I take my leave." After noticing how the girls had received the failure notification box, the last person in the room decided to test his luck as well. There was the probability he wouldn't be allowed to leave, but it was better to die trying than to just lie back and do nothing!

"...Hm? Okay... Ufufu~ See you later, dear~" You got away safely!

"N-noooo! Hyaaaaa!"

"W-Waaaaaa!"

Leaving those screams behind, Rimuru exited the room. He brought a palm to his forehead as he recalled how they ended up in that situation.

◇◇◇

It has been not too long since the end of the Orc invasion. After defeating the Orc Lord, we had to attend a few meetings in the lizardman fortress, in which we declared the formation of the Jura Forest Alliance, as that concerns, everything happened just as in the original timeline. Afterward, we finally were able to go back to the village, where Reili was waiting with a pout, having been trapped on the [Imaginary Space] for quite some time.

"Reili hates Papa!" she said as she crossed her arms and looked away from me. While I was lying painfully in the ground clutching my heart—I know I don't actually have one, but still—Ciel tried to talk to her in a fluster, but things didn't go well on that front, as Ciel was the one who placed her in the [Imaginary Space] to begin with. "Mama too! Reili will be alone from now on!" she declared as she walked toward our house in the village.

We decided to keep an eye on her as we gave her a bit of space to calm down, but later that day, she seemed to realize she couldn't actually live alone, so she returned to us and apologized. "Reili doesn't hate Papa and Mama... Reili wants to come back..." she said, fiddling with her fingers in embarrassment.

And with that, things have gone back to normal, and now everything is going smoothly in the village. Or so I'd like to say, but...

"Hello, hello! I am the demon lord Milim Nava. You look like the strongest hombre in town, so I wanted to come 'n' say hi!"