Chapter 4.3 Family Time in Dwargon

[Revised]

(Rimuru's Perspective)

By the time we arrived at Dwargon, I had two sleeping girls leaning against me. The first one had shining silver hair with strokes of red that was tied in a ponytail—my wife Ciel—and the second had bright red hair that was tied in twintails with the help of some pink ribbons—my daughter Reili. I had given them a hug after Ciel had a 1v1 against the wind, and just a few minutes later, they were sound asleep. I am still hugging them right now, because we haven't dismounted from Ranga, but from my position, I can see Rigur beginning to dismount from Raiga, so it might be a good idea to begin doing so as well.

I shaked Ciel a bit, and after a few seconds, she opened her bright red eyes and stared at me. "Darling?" She said as she rubbed her eyes. Ciel looked around bewildered for a second, before it settled on her mind the fact that we had arrived at our destination.

"We're here, CIel. Can you please help me get Reili up?" She immediately began to gently pat Reili's head while whispering, "Honey, come on, wake up. We are here..." into her ear. It wasn't very long before Reili woke up as well, and we all dismounted Ranga together. Ranga shrank to his smaller size a bit and approached Reili. She immediately understood what he wanted, and started petting him.

While seeing such a scene, Rigur approached me with Raiga in tow.

"Rimuru-sama, ha are we going to enter da city?" Rigur asked. Raiga, who was following behind him, seemed indifferent to this conversation, because he simply moved toward Reili—who was still petting Ranga—and said, "Reili-ojousama, me as well, me as well!" And laid on the ground. Reili smiled at him and complied. Waaaaaah Reili the puppy tamer...

"Rimuru-sama?" Ah, it looks like I was spacing out.

"*Cough* *cough" Yeah, erm... I am planning to enter the city along with Ciel and Reili—and Ranga in my shadow. Meanwhile, I think you and Raiga should wait out here in the forest, because even though us monsters are accepted in Dwargon, that doesn't mean people see us with good eyes. Ciel, Reili, and I have no issues, for we are in our human forms right now, but you—a goblin—entering the city might spark some unnecessary trouble." Last time, Vesta used the fact that we were monsters to harass us, and I really would like to avoid anybody else doing the same thing.

"I understand, Rimuru-sama. I will stay here with Raiga, in that case." He seemed a bit regretful of not being able to enter the city, but at the same time, it looked like he understood that his mere presence could result in trouble.

"Great, then. Shall we get going?" I turned to look at Ciel and Reili. The former was looking at the latter who was petting two monsters that normal people would be too afraid to even come near to. They turned to look at me and nodded.

"Ranga, get in my shadow. Raiga, you are staying here with Rigur; keep him safe, alright?" Raiga reverted to his serious-puppy personality and started walking toward Rigur. He seemed a bit regretful to leave the petting behind, though. Ranga, meanwhile, looked at me as if he wanted to say something.

"My lord, if you would like, I could serve as Reili-ojousama's guard and transport method inside the city." It seemed he didn't want to enter my shadow yet. Still, it was a troublesome request, for having a big puppy—a direwolf—walking around in the city wouldn't be very helpful to keep a low profile. I was about to speak up to reject his request, but someone replied quicker than I.

"Nope! I want Papa to carry me! Papa's shoulders are much better than your back, so Ranga-puppy can rest for now!" Reili wore an innocent smile as she broke Ranga's aspirations into pieces. Merciless... as expected from Ciel's daughter... Yeah, no way she took that after me... right? I started sweating bullets while thinking that perhaps I was being a bad influence for my daughter.