Chapter 12: B-Baka

(3rd Person Perspective)

Back in the capital of the Lubelius Empire, a blond haired man sat impatiently inside a room. He was the fake emperor of the Holy Lubelius Empire, Louis Valentine. A couple dozen of minutes ago, he sensed the bond between him and his twin brother—Roy—disappear. That being said, rather than helping understand Roy’s current situation, this event only confused Louis.

It was true that he had sensed the connection being severed, but the thing that he wasn’t able to feel was Roy being reabsorbed into him. As individuals derived from a singular being, once one of them perished, they would get absorbed back into the other. Yet, that was not occurring right now. And so, feeling uneasy for that scenario, he was busily waiting for his Demon Lord to arrive.

“Louis.” After a couple more minutes of waiting, a beautiful woman appeared in front of him. She was none other than Demon Lord Luminous Valentine, who was deeply staring at Louis with her precious heterochromatic eyes. She was alone.

“My Queen… How was your expedition to the Forest of Jura?” Louis wanted to address the matter of his brother, but in order of importance, Luminous and her task came first.

“It was… quite the surprise.” Louis raised his eyebrow at the unexpected answer. He truly expected Luminous to say everything went well. She was a Demon Lord, after all, and one of the oldest and strongest, to boot; she shouldn’t have encountered anything that could be described as a ‘surprise.’

“...What… Do you mean, Luminous-sama?” Luminous moved toward one of the windows in the room and looked outside of it. It was quite a high place, so she was able to see all the lights of the city from her position. Thinking Luminous perhaps was not planning on responding, Louis decided to push further his questioning. “Is Demon Lord Clayman being troublesome?”

“Don’t insult me, Louis. Clayman is just a sitting duck for me.” Louis bowed his head as he apologized. He also saw Clayman as a sitting duck, but currently, there was no other thing that he could Luminous would consider a ‘surprise.’

Ignoring Louis’s inner curiosity and anxiety, Luminous sighed before continuing. “Clayman is planning things in the forest, but he will autodestruct himself. When I left his Demon Lord meeting earlier, I had already thought the odds of such a thing happening were pretty high, but after what I saw tonight, I am certain it will occur. Clayman’s lifespan is running out.”

“‘What you saw tonight,’ Luminous-sama?” Louis picked up and questioned about the part of her speech that was the most remarkable to him; he wasn’t really interested in the lifespan or what not of a small fry Demon Lord such as Clayman. Even more if Luminous said that he would autodestruct.

“Indeed. Deep inside the Forest of Jura, there is a strong individual. So strong that I am not certain I would win against him in a head-on battle.” Luminous sighed tiredly. In the meantime, Louis’s face shifted into one of shock. Up until now, Luminous had only said such a thing about The Destroyer and the Lord of Darkness, known as the two strongest beings in the world, not only among Demon Lords. For his prideful Queen to admit such a thing… the individual she met had to be quite something. “When we entered his territory, Roy snapped at him and got eliminated within seconds; that is the reason why he is not here. I also tried to submit him by force before I left, but he completely neutralized me without even wrinkling his clothing.”

“?!” Naturally, Louis was shocked at the words of his Queen. Roy, despite being a fake Demon Lord, was not weak at all. In fact, he should’ve been able to fight head-on with some of the current Demon Lords. If the individual truly defeated Roy as Luminous described, and he also managed to defend from her assault, then this mysterious guy was not to be trifled with. “...How are we going to proceed?”

That Time Rimuru Got a Daughter!जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें