Chapter 2: What a terrifying little girl...

(Author's Perspective)

Before beginning with the chapter, I just want to say that after Rimuru became Veldanava's successor, Veldora accepted him as his brother. That's all. Read this taking that into consideration.

Enjoy~

(Rimuru's Perspective)

Ciel, my daughter, and I were making our way through Veldora's cave. I was chatting a bit with Ciel about what we were going to do in this timeline. What was my daughter doing? Well, she was sitting on my shoulders while hugging my head. I could see with my [Universal Perception] that she was smiling happily.

"She really is just like a normal little girl, isn't she?" I mumbled to myself. I wasn't really expecting a response, but...

"That is correct. Unlike Master who got experience from his previous life before reincarnating, the individual 'red slime' had no experience whatsoever. She is, in all senses, a newborn being—a kid—if you wish to think of it that way.

"Erm... yeah, I get it..." I wasn't really asking anything, though. Mmm? Wait.

"Hey Ciel, how much longer are you going to call her 'red slime,' huh?" I don't feel very comfortable listening to someone call her that way. It sounds kinda rude, if you ask me.

"Hey Master, how much longer are you going to leave her unnamed, huh?" She returned my question perfectly, in a way I could almost call poetic. I stopped in my tracks and stared at her, and she did exactly the same thing. Her eyes reflected her exasperation, as if she was looking at me as if I am worthless. Meanwhile, I was looking at her as if to agree with that statement. My daughter is peeking at my face from above, her red hair falling over my eyes... Oh, too much cuteness!

But now is not the moment, sweetie; your father is actually kind of dumb sometimes, you know? I patted her head as if to say that. She smiled even more and returned to hugging my head.

Ciel was staring at me coldly. Hey! Don't look at me like that! I just... I just... forgot to name my daughter... is not such a big issue, is it?

"No, it actually is a big issue. She is Master's daughter after all." Erm... Ciel-san? Did you perhaps read my mind just now?

"Negative. It's your imagination." Erm... yeah... sure... I feel it's better to leave that topic alone, especially because I don't want to be frozen to death by Ciel's stare... A-Anyway! I forgot I had to ACTUALLY name my daughter! Crap... I am such a terrible parent, aren't I? My daughter seemed to notice I was internally sulking, and started patting my head, as if to say, "there, there." Great, I think I am going to cry...

No. Now is not the time to cry! It is the time to give this little one a name! Right now! Because if not I feel I will be consumed by guilt!

"Erm... Ciel, do you have any suggestions for the name?" This is probably the most important name I will ever give in my life—no, it DEFINITELY is the most important one. I am nervous...

"She is Master's daughter, therefore, there is no reason for me to guide Master throughout the naming selection process." Ciel answered immediately. I know she is actually right—it is my responsibility—but I kind of get the feeling she is just lazing off...

"But, you know, especially in this timeline, you will be the woman with whom she will spend the most time with, you know?" I doubt Ciel will ever take distance from me during this timeline, and... well... I want to spend the most time possible with my daughter so... if she is always with me, my daughter will spend a lot of time with her as well.

"Understood. That doesn't matter. The responsibility for naming her falls on you, as her father."

"I see... then how about you let me think about it a bit?" I sat down on a nearby rock and started thinking. Mmmm, something that sounds cute... and in that way, I continued thinking... and thinking... and thinking... until...