Chapter 21: Childish

(3rd Person's Perspective)

Moments after Rimuru was kidna—*cough* *cough*—decided to voluntarily go along with CIel's wishes, while Shizu and the others were confused at what had just happened. The location is now a dark alley in some random corner of the capital of the Lubelius Empire, Rune.

"Erm... Ciel? I am really fearing for my safety right now, you know?" Rimuru made a conflicted expression as he found himself being pushed back against a wall. Am I in a manga or something? He thought as he looked at Ciel from such a close distance that she could even feel her breath. No, even more than that, shouldn't our roles be reversed? Rimuru wasn't wrong in thinking such a thing. In romance manga, at least, it is usually the male character who pushes the female lead back against a wall in what is referred to as 'kabedon.' But right now, the situation is a bit...

"Why, though?" Despite Ciel being the one pushing Rimuru against the wall, she didn't seem to notice the weirdness of the situation at hand. A few couple question marks appeared above her head as she titled it curiously.

...Hm? What is weird about this, you ask? ..You haven't noticed yet? Well, first off...

"...Well, you brought me to a dark alley, you know? Forcefully."

"..."

Just as Rimuru pointed out, the location is currently a dark alley. Not only that, but it was most definitely one of the shabbiest, most suspicious-looking alleys of the city. The citizens of Rune tended to avoid it, as a matter of fact, as it had a bad reputation for being a place where a lot of illicit activities take place. This couple wasn't aware of that fact, of course, but taking your romantic partner to a place like this isn't normally a good thing... even more so if it was through forceful measures.

Ciel finally seemed to notice what Rimuru was implying as her face quickly turned red in embarrassment. Her usual boldness was nowhere to be seen as she quickly distanced herself from Rimuru.

"D-Don't get the wrong idea! It's not as if I wanted to seduce you with that or anything!"

"No, I never said that... I was just a bit curious about what you're planning to do with this poor me—"

"Aaaah! I wasn't planning anything! Dummy! Dummy! Dummy! Dummy! Dummy!"

Rimuru had a mischievous smile on his face as he teased Ciel, who was puffing her cheeks cutely as she lightly smashed her balled fists into his chest. Everyone at the village would surely doubt their eyes if they ever saw that the perverted and sometimes cold Ciel also had this cutesy side to her.

"Mou...." Ciel stopped hitting Rimuru and looked at him with what was supposed to be an angry expression. Please note the emphasis on supposed; to Rimuru, she looked more cute than mad.

"Well, anyway. So? Why are we here?" Rimuru activated his [Universal Perception], using it to scan their surroundings. It would've been much easier to simply use his own pair of eyes of his human form, but he really didn't intend to miss a second of Ciel's cute moments. Ciel should have been able to notice what he was thinking, but she didn't say anything about it; she was acting a bit weird. She lowered her head and began playing around with her fingers, as if she was completely nervous.

"...ate..." After a couple of seconds of silence, the only thing that came out of Ciel's mouth was nothing but a whisper. It was so quiet that even Rimuru, with his monstrous specs, had trouble catching it.

"Hm... what was that?" He pulled a bit closer to her as he waited for her response.

"...d-date..." Ciel's expression was hidden as she was facing the ground, but the color on the tip of her ears didn't lie. She was blushing a bright crimson as she spoke in a louder voice this time.