Chapter 7: Noooooo! We are doomed!

[Unrevised]

(Shizu's Perspective)

"..."

"..."

So, uh. I think I need a bit of help here...

Right now, Eren, Gido, Kaval, and I are sitting side by side on a somewhat big table. Sitting in front of us, there is Rimuru-san, Ciel-san, and a goblin with a large build that is called Rigur. I was sitting at the end of the table, beside Eren, while eating the food that Rimuru-san had ordered for us a few minutes ago.

It was surprisingly tasty, considering this was supposed to be cooked by monsters, but, yeah, that's not the problem. The problem is...

"..."

"..."

... the little girl—Reili-chan—who suddenly got off her seat, which was Rimuru-san's lap, and was now right beside me while staring directly into my face.

I was sweating coldly on the inside, I am not going to lie. After all, this little girl was supposed to be the daughter of the guy who single-handedly defeated Eren, Gido, Kaval, and I in combat; no, that wasn't even a combat, considering he was only defending without any intention of attacking us. Furthermore, that man is the leader of this monster town, so—if he wanted to—he could order everyone here to attack us. That's why I need to be ve~ry careful not to offend his beloved daughter.

"...Erm... is something wrong...?" I asked nervously as I tried to smile toward Reili-chan.

"..." She didn't answer back, she simply stayed *jiiiiiiiii* staring at me. I turned to look toward Rimuru-san and Ciel-san for help, but they looked completely confused as well.

"Erm... darling... what is Reili doing?"

"Erm... I... don't know..."

I could listen to the two of them whispering to each other. I smiled wryly, even though it couldn't be seen due to my mask, and tried to resume eating, but... right at that moment, Reili-chan smiled toward me and...

"Carry." She spread her arms forward and looked at me with hoping eyes.

"...Erm...." I, on the other hand, was a bit shocked at her sudden attitude and didn't know what to say. I mean, I understood what she had said, but I just couldn't comprehend why she would ask for such a thing. We met less than an hour ago, after all. I turned to look at Rimuru-san and Ciel-san once again as if to ask what they thought, but they looked much more confused than me.

"Is it... no good..." I returned my gaze toward Reili-chan, who was now looking at me with moist eyes that were about to break into tears. She was slo~ly lowering her arms while looking dejected...

"Erm... no, that's... ah, yeah! No problem at all!" Damn, my heart is too weak to resist that tearing face...

I gently picked up Reili-chan and sat her on my lap. She smiled happily as she jiggled around her butt until she found a comfortable position. Afterward, she leaned back on my chest as if she felt completely relaxed. I was a bit nervous at first, considering she is technically the little princess of this monster town, but I felt how my cheeks loosened up after seeing her smile.

She moved her gaze toward my face, and after a few seconds, she lowered her head as if she was bowing. Eh? Why is she bowing? I thought, but the next moment, the reason became clear.

"Pat." Reili-chan gave herself a light head pat as she explained what she wanted. Ah, so that's it...

I slowly moved my hand and started patting little Reili-chan on the head as she asked. For a moment I could hear a sulking womanly voice saying, "H-Honey... why didn't you ask me to do it?...Mama will cry, you know?..." but it was surely just my imagination.