cinquante-sept

a/n:

so i've been listening to around my neck and someone should totally write a one shot of finneas' phone ringing and billie picking it up because the contact is mama, and she's all like "hey mom" but it's claudia and she says, "mom?" and they both go silent

LMFAO BYE

also me n my friend came up with a whole ass music video for that so finn should hire us

billie eilish, december 26th, boxing day

los angeles | CA

lilou and i were sat in my room after dinner packing the last things into my bag for our trip to france. "sweetheart, i think you should have these in your carry on," lilou said, pointing to my collection of childish items sitting in the corner of my suitcase.

"but i won't need them, i won't slip at the airport," i told her, although i did kinda feel bad for strawb being packed away like that. "you don't know that though love, airports are scary places sometimes," the older girl said with a small shrug.

"but what if people see? and-and what if they search my bag and pull it out?" i rambled, going through the endless possibilities of humiliation. my breathing picked up at the thought of someone teasing me in public.

"hey, you're okay, that's very unlikely. but i could carry your bag, and you can carry mine so if anyone has to look, it's mine?" lilou suggested, making me feel a little better. "okay," i said softly, picking up strawb and putting her in my bag. 

i did the same with my pacifier, zipping it up in the front pocket. the other things weren't as necessary, but could be useful if i was to regress in the hotel when we got there. 

"i can't even believe i'm literally going to paris tomorrow, it's insane," i said for the about twentieth time tonight.

"i know, it is kinda crazy, huh? i can't believe your parents agreed to this," 

"me either," i agreed, "i can't believe you even made this happen, like how?" 

"i have my ways, especially when it comes to my favourite girl," lilou said, leaning over and tapping her finger onto my nose gently. "you're so cheesy," i rolled my eyes playfully. "yeah, but you love it though," 

"hey, mind yours."

the older girl laughed lightly before closing up my suitcase and zipping it up. "it's not that late, but i think we should get into bed soon, we have to wake up really early," she said checking the time after putting our bags by my bedroom door. 

i hummed in agreement, and stood up from where i was on the floor. "i'm gonna go brush my teeth," i said walking out of the room. lilou joined me in the bathroom not long after with a small bag of her toiletries. 

she shut the door behind her which confused me. that was until she suddenly dropped her pyjama pants and sat on the toilet. 

i choked on my toothpaste and averted my gaze quickly, "lilou!"

"what?" 

"how are you even comfortable enough to do that? are you not pee shy?" i laughed, wiping the minty foam from my cheeks.