soixante-et-un

a/n:

too many people i know read this

it's stressing me out

the urge to delete all my traces and start a new account secretly is very large

there's literally two chapters left...

billie eilish, december 28th

paris | FR

i awoke from my sleep due to the sun shining through the flimsy hotel blinds. i reached out, exhausted, to where lilou should be, only to be met with chilly, crumpled blankets. i sat up, confused, and brushed the last traces of sleep from my eyes.

"lilou?"

apart from the mild hum of the heater, the room was deafeningly quiet. i rose up, brushed my over-sized shirt down my thigh, and began searching the area for the girl i so desperately desired to see.

i peered out of the window to see the girl leaning on the railing of the balcony, a hot drink in her hand

"jesus lou," i said walking out to stand by her. "hey bil, what's the matter?" she asked seeing my shaken up state.

"what's the matter? waking up to an empty hotel room in a different country is the matter," 

"shit, sorry. i didn't think about that," she apologized scrunching up her face. "it's fine," i said leaning into her, my heart rate slowing down. i looked over the railing into the beautiful late morning city line calming down.

"how'd you sleep other than that?" lilou asked me. "okay, i guess," i shrugged. 

"it's so cold out here, go get a sweater and or some pants, or something" lilou told me, seeing as i was only in a thin t shirt. 

i walked back into the toasty hotel room, deciding i would dig through lilou's clothes to find something to put on instead of my own. i put on one of her favourite hoodies and some sweatpants.

i walked back out to the girl feeling content engulfed by her smell, taking her mug as well. "well, is there anything else you could possibly steal from me?" she asked making me laugh as i tried to take a sip of her drink. "a kiss? your heart?" i said putting the mug back in her hands.

"a kiss yes, but you already have my heart, don't you know that?"

i smiled bashfully and wrapped my arms around lilou's waist, pulling myself into her embrace. "hm?" lilou teased. 

i titled my head back and pursed my lips. within a second lilou's were on mine as she kissed me sweetly. i pulled away and rested my head against her chest, the only things in my mind being the view and my girlfriend's heartbeat.

i'd never felt a greater comfort than being nestled between the parisienne's arms.

i smiled to myself, squeezing the girl tighter and rocking her slightly side to side. "i love you!" i squeaked, pressing a quick peck to her exposed collarbone before retreating back inside and hiding under the bed sheets.

lilou laughed to herself, following me inside and jumping onto the bed, tickling me over the blankets. i squealed and squirmed, "stop it! lou-lou stop!"

"why do you keep hiding yourself from me little girl!?" the teen yelled jokingly making me laugh harder. i managed to wiggle myself out from underneath her and away from her hands, taking deep breaths and wiping some drool off my face. 

"answer me... or the tickle monster will get you..." lilou said creeping her hands up the bed making me shriek and jump off. lilou jumped off after me, chasing me around the mattress her hands out in front of her reaching for me. 

"i get 'mbarrassed! i say, i say! stop ticklin' me!" i yelled running into the bathroom and climbing up onto the sink using the toilet. "mhm, still mommy's little embarrassed baby? just like when we first met," lilou said, stopping chasing me and walking into the bathroom.

i sat down on the counter and reached for my mama but pulled them back, scared she would go for my armpits and tickle them. "i won't tickle you anymore, promise," she said holding her hands in the air.

i trusted her and reached out for her again. 

"you're so cute when your embarrassed, so i couldn't care in the slightest," lilou said lifting me down off of the sink and putting me onto the tile. i whined, my arms still out to her. "oh sorry, i thought you wanted to come down, you just wanted me to hold you, huh?" 

i nodded and felt my feet come off the floor as lilou picked me up off the ground. i wrapped my legs around her back and my arms around her neck. "do you wanna go explore the city?" lilou asked. 

i nodded, "i wanna see some duckies,"

"do you wanna go look for some? we can do that, we gotta get dressed first though before we leave. would you like me to help you?"

lilou stood up from where she was kneeling on the floor tying up my shoelaces and grabbed her bag, filled with both of our essentials. "are you hungry?" lilou asked, holding out her hand to me. i took it and hopped down off the bed.

"mhm," i hummed skipping over to the door and opening it up. lilou followed me out, shutting the door behind us and locking it. "can i press the button?" i asked the girl, my finger hovering over the two arrows.

"yep, press the one pointing down, because we want to go down to the street," lilou explained. i pressed it, making it light up. an elevator beside us dinged, indicating it was on our floor and the doors slid open.

i ran inside quickly and waited in front of the number panel for the next one to press. 

"the one that says g, billie," lilou told me pointing to the lowest row. i clicked it, making it again, light up. it was so entertaining for some reason. the metal box started to drop, the numbers above my head going down until it reached the letter g. it dinged softly one more time, opening up, letting us out on the ground floor. 

lilou grabbed my hand as we headed out into the floods of people, so i wouldn't get lost. 

the street scape and the architecture was just gorgeous, and i was intrigued by all the colors and flowers everywhere. i suddenly gasped catching lilou off guard, "mama! duckies!!!"