ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

»»——⍟——««

»»——⍟——««

The tension inside the broadcasting room was incredibly thick, one that cannot be swept away by the students' and teacher's attempts of trying to console the broken and weeping teenager, who was now infected by the virus that can turn him into a feral zombie like the rest loitering around the school. Even with the amount of sweet and calming reassurances that everyone in the room was whispering into his now also bleeding ears, all of it only rushed towards Im Yohan like a blur as he could only focus on the pain etched in his heart that he's been hiding all these years. He only tightens his grasp around Cheongsan's wrists, trying to use it as some sort of comfort while he cries his heart out as he buries his face into the palms of his hands.

"I don't wanna die. What did I do to deserve this?! Please, Cheongsannie. I can't deal with the pain anymore." Yohan cries out in misery, almost like a small child clinging onto his parents in order to seek affection. His entire body felt incredibly numb as the pain only now lingers inside his heart. The mentioned teenager could only stay quiet as his heart breaks at the sight, not having a clue on what he should do to alleviate the pain that Yohan was feeling at the moment. Instead, he merely pulls him close and wraps his arms around his waist so that the teenager can cry on his chest as he whispers reassurances for him to calm down.

"I'm sorry, Yohan. It's gonna be alright, I promise you. I'm right here and I'm never leaving you behind, okay?" Cheongsan softly coos at the teenager in his arms, gently rocking him back and forth like an infant. He turns towards his Suhyeok, who was sitting behind Yohan, before giving him a stern look and gesturing his head towards the quivering Nayeon lingering in the corner of the room. It was almost as if he was silently telling him to deal with her after what he had done to their friend. The tall teenager could only nod his head in understatement before gesturing at his classmates to give the two some space while they figure out what they would do with the person who betrayed their trust and almost killed one of them.

"LEE NAYEON! YOU FUCKING-!" Gyeongsu instantly shouted in fury as he was about to charge at the quivering girl in pink, but was quickly stopped by Joonyeong who grabbed a hold of his arms to prevent him from possibly beating up their classmate. But the teenager still tried to wiggle himself free from his classmate's restraint on him, feeling the anger bubbling in his chest at the thought of what she had done to his friend.

"I didn't kill him! He's still alive, can't you see? He didn't even fucking die!" Nayeon screams at the top of her lungs, tears beginning to fall from her eyes as she glares at the teenagers standing firmly in anger in front of her. She was starting to feel defenseless as everyone kept ganging up on her for what she had done to Yohan, who had somehow lost consciousness in Cheongsan's arms.

"Are you kidding me? This is all your fault!" Onjo stared at her in disbelief.

"What even makes him better than me?!" The girl in pink shouted once more but immediately shuts her mouth closed once Gyeongsu manages to free himself from his classmate's grasp on him, and roughly pushes her to the ground.

"Because he doesn't try to kill us! He tries to protect all of us even if he puts himself in danger just to do so! He doesn't run his mouth like you do and puts the blame on others! That's what makes him better than you." Gyeongsu answers her question with a firm tone as he tries to wipe away the overflowing tears streaming down his face. He was practically shaking in pure anger at what she had done and how she kept denying it.

Everyone in the room could only look at Nayeon with mixed emotions flooding their veins, whether it be in anger, pity, disgust, solemnity and even frustration. There was no one who could longer stomach the nasty attitude that she holds and defend her for what she had done to one of them. All they know is that she can no longer be with them in this room. They didn't care if they had to get their hands dirty while doing so. All they know is that they don't want to become the next victim to be betrayed by Lee Nayeon.

"Fuck this. I don't need any of you." Nayeon sobs out in frustration before standing up to her feet, dragging herself out of the broadcasting room to wallow in her own self hatred in the dark hallways of death.

Wujin tried to prevent her from doing so but was too late as Ms. Park blocked the doors to stop the teenager from leaving to follow one of his fellow classmates. The teacher could only look at her students with a tender smile to console them in this situation as tears continue to flow down her face. "No matter what happens, please don't die and don't let anyone else die. If you cause someone else to die, life becomes meaningless." She then trails her eyes towards a sleeping Yohan resting into the arms of Cheongsan, who is still quietly sobbing as he has his back turned from the group, it was as if he was trying to shield him against what was happening in the room. He was gently brushing away the tears and blood that had dried up on the sleeping teenager's face.

Ms. Park could only smile at the sight as her heart also breaks at the thought of one of her beloved students possibly turning into a monster, but she holds onto the hope that he might turn out different than the rest who also got infected. "Please look after Yohan. He's a good kid. He just needs somebody to lean on." The teacher tells her students with a gentle tone as she only continues to watch the teenager slumber on the floor. She felt incredibly sorry that she won't be here to guide and help them escape this hell that has fallen into their school. But she trusts them that they'll stay strong and help one another to stay alive amidst the disaster.

And with that, the teacher gave them one final smile of encouragement before ushering out of the room to run after Nayeon and save her from a possible horrible death waiting for her within the dark corners of the hallways.

Out of panic, Daesu tried to chase after their teacher and give her back as he knows that they can't continue on without her guidance as they could only rely on her in this drastic situation. But he was immediately stopped by Wujin, preventing him from walking outside to his death and merely just wraps his arms around his friend in an attempt to console him. The tall large male could only sob into the arms of his friends, feeling devastated that she could no longer be with them. The others also couldn't help but tear up as they try to process what just happened, feeling guilty that they might just have caused the death of their teacher and classmate.

And thus, their hope once again began to dwindle after everything that had happened today as night slowly began to overtake the sky above and soon enough darkness took over.