Chapter one - Pilot

You sit at your office. Typing, filing, doing work shit you guess. It was hard to focus on it because you haven't gotten any sleep this past month. You can barely keep your eyes fucking open. It doesn't seem your medications you've been taking for anxiety and depression have been working. You've been just stressing about stupid things such as how you talk to people, what your doing with your life, if you've done enough in your life, etc. deep questions that get you down in the depth. You don't understand how you haven't killed yourself yet but you guess that's good.

You hear people talking around the office, getting up to get water and than stand in the middle of the hallway, like fucking idiots. Then, they all suddenly go back to their offices and work, becoming serious. Which means the big boss man himself, Bruce Wayne is here. Of course they only do their fucking work when he comes. You thought to yourself feeling like your the only putting in the effort.

You see Bruce Wayne enter the office room and quickly open a draw with concealer, mini mirror, and a makeup brush in it. You take out all three of the items and set them on your desk as you pick up the mirror and check your eye bags. It's showing. You thought to yourself as you apply some concealer under your eyes and use the brush to dab it in to make it look natural and hide your eye bags. You've been pretty good at masking and hiding the fact that you haven't gotten good sleep, though you feel you've been lacking a little.

You quickly put the makeup back in the drawer as you and Bruce make eye contact as he's talking to an employee. He gives you a quick little wave and smile before turning back to the employee he's talking too. You wave back before he turned away and look back at your computer. You and Bruce have become good friends over these 4 years of working here. He was very kind and welcoming when you first got hired and still is, but better. You have similar interests and have similar views on the world, you just really get along very well and he's the only friend you've made around here. You might have a slight crush on him...you just have a big crush on him, let's be honest. He's a very charming man and knows how to flirt, even unintentionally. To add to that, he is also very Attractive, and you think his voice is hot.

Once he was done talking with the employee, he quickly makes his way to your desk. Your heart races as his moves a chair so he is sitting across from you on the other side of your desk.

"Good morning Mr. Wayne," You say politely, giving him a gentle smile. He shakes his head, laughing a little.

"Oh come on Y/n," He says, leaning back in his chair and crossing his arm across his chest,"you know you can call me Bruce,"

"I know but I prefer to keep it professional in the work place," you reply, typing,"Plus a lot of the boys and girls tend to get up my a...," you pause,"I mean, get up in my business about my relationship with you,"

"Good save," Bruce replies, pointing out you almost saying 'ass'. You shrug in response as you keep typing on your computer your eyes wanting to drift to sleep but you keep them awake,"Have you've been sleeping well?"

Shit. You thought not wanting Bruce to know you've only been getting 4-3 hours of sleep this past month. The fucking concealer wasn't enough!

"Oh, I had trouble sleeping last night," you reply, making up an excuse,"me and Harper went to the bar and kinda got wasted,"

This was a lie and you could tell he knew because you hate drinking and never go out to bars, parties, basically any crowded place which is almost everywhere.

"Y/n," he says, his tone serious but worried. He was clearly telling you that your lie was stupid and would never work. You sigh and place your elbows on your desk as you cover your face with your hands.

Even though you and Bruce are good friends and trust him with your life, you have never told him about your depression and anxiety. Well, he knows you deal with mental health issues but he doesn't know the deeper side to it. He basically thinks sometimes your sad and sometimes your not and you honestly prefer to keep that way. You just prefer to keep your feelings to yourself and deal with them on your own, your own way. It's unhealthy but that's just how you've been living and what your used too.

"Ugh I'm sorry," You say, rubbing my face,"I don't know why but I've been having trouble sleeping and most night I get no sleep,"

You place one hand on the table and then place your chin on the other hand, leaning on it. You grab a pen with your free hand and spin it between your fingers, watching as it moves clumsily between your fingers. Bruce was silent but you could feel him starring in worry.

"Take the week off," He suddenly says. You stop spinning your pen and look at him. what did he saayyy? You thought to yourself, hearing the meme play in your head.

"What?" You ask, not knowing if you've now become so tired you were daydreaming of Bruce just letting you take the week off.

"Take the week off, get some sleep, relax," He says, his tone soft but serious. You were taken back by this sense he usually just lets his employees take a day off but a week off? Now that's something.

"But..I need money-" he interrupts.

"That's no problem, you'll still be paid," He says, smiling. You blink at him, dumbfounded. You didn't know if this was a real thing or he was just fucking with you.

"So, basically I'm being paid to just sleep and stay home?" You ask. That's fucking awesome! You thought. He chuckles at this.

"Also," He says, leaning forward, placing his elbows on the desk and coming close to you, your face heating up as he does so,"To talk to your doctor about it too,"

You breath a little laugh as you avert your eyes to the pen in your hand and start spinning it in between your fingers again. You were glad Bruce cares but you hate going to the doctors just felt stupid sense the medications your taking now aren't working and you've switch like 4 times. It just felt like an annoying process at this point. Maybe Ill just try anyways sense it won't matter. You thought to yourself.

"Note to self, Medication," You said, realizing you said out loud instead of in your head. Fuck. Luckily it went along with the topic so you had nothing to worry about.

"Good," Bruce says, as he stands up from his chair now taller and standing over you, looking down at you,"Do you want a drive home?"

You think for a bit and then shake your head no.

"I'll be fine, I live like 8 minutes away and I think a walk will be nice," you explain. He nods his head, looking a little disappointed.

"Alright we'll if you need anything don't be afraid to call," He says,"I'll also call you probably everyday to check up on you,"

Why is he doing all of this? This is weird. Bruce is a nice guy but he isn't the type to just do this shit out of the blue. It was weird to you, I mean you didn't mind it sense you appreciate the kindness but it was a little out of character. But...he does make you feel better.

———————————————————————————

WOOO first chapter!! Yay!! Probably going to post a chapter once a week or less or idk inconsistent schedule.
Anyways hoped you enjoyed it!! :) cya next time!