Chapter sixteen - aw fuck

You made eye contact with Penguin. You quickly turn your head away from him, now scared you might of caused something and chaos will break loose. Penguin is like a big mafia boss with money and weapons. Never fuck with him because you would mostly get killed. I had no idea he would be here. This just got interesting and...very bad. You see out of the corner of your eye the fat man walking towards you and Bruce. Bruce stands, still glaring at the man.

"Stay here," He said, quietly but loud enough for you to hear. You nod your head 'yes' in response and he walks over to Penguin, starting a conversation with him.

Of course you were going to fucking stay in your seat. You weren't going to pull a Bella Swan here. You weren't going to get up, walk over to Penguin, and say 'hey you drug dealing bad alcohol breath no bitches whore. Better not be hurting my boi Bruce Wayne over here or I will make sure to kick you where the sun don't shine sweetheart.' That would just be a whole mess and you're not that kind of person.

You eat your sandwich as you occasionally glance over at the two talking. Bruce seemed to handle talking to the fat man well, they would laugh here and there and Penguin would occasionally glance at you with eyes that just screamed 'I'll kidnapped you, you pretty little thing'. At least that was the vibe you got, but your pretty sure your vibe was a gut feeling. God, that man has the most disgusting looks there is. You shiver in disgust as you lose your appetite. Ugh, great, I was really enjoying the food. You place your sandwich on the plate and lean back in your chair, a little annoyed that you don't have the need to eat anymore. You really did enjoy the food but the fat man, Penguin, just makes you extremely uncomfortable. So now your just sitting in your chair, leaned back in the most unflattering way, starring at the floor, dazing off, thinking. You were snapped out of your daze when you heard your name be called by Bruce. You look up to face Bruce and see his eyes full of worry.

"Y/n? Are you okay?" He asks, standing over you. You nod your head, sitting up.

"Yeah, sorry zoned out," You replied, standing up from your chair,"are we going to get outta here or what?"

"Yes, we are," Bruce says, grabbing your hand and starts leading you through the crowd and out the door where, yet again, you were met with flashing lights and people yelling questions at you, mainly Bruce. He then leads you to his car and opens the door for you.

You sit down, Bruce closing the door and then runs around to the driver seat and gets inside. He starts the car and drives off. He seemed stressed and worried about something. You were thinking of asking but you were also thinking it was a bad idea. Guess we can test it.

"What was that about?" You asked. Bruce was focused on the road, you could tell he was thinking hard of an answer which isn't the best sign.

"Nothing, it's fine, that guy just stresses me out," he replies, gripping the steering wheel. You nod your head slowly, knowing he was lying. You let the car ride be silent, not asking anymore questions sense Bruce seemed to not be in the mood for talking.

He parks in the garages. You both go to the elevator and enter his house. He runs to his library/dining room, calling for Alfred as you just went up to your room.

You shut the door behind you. Haven't called Harper...I think I'll do that. You thought as you grabbed your phone, sat down on the bed and dialed the number you got at the hospital. It ringed for a bit then someone answered it.

"Hello?" You immediately heard your sisters voice. You smiled, happy to hear her voice.

"Hey, Harper," You said, as you heard your sister gasped when she heard your voice.

"Y/n!" She says, excitedly,"I've been waiting for your call all day!!"

"I'm sorry I kept you waiting, I was at the gala," You explained, as you lay down on your bed and stare at the ceiling.