Chapter eighteen - hours, hours, hours...

Start writing your story

-five hours-

You sat in the chair. Lifting your head from leaning back, your neck now sore. You fell asleep. Of course not comfortably because your in a goddamn chair. You don't know how long its been. it honestly felt like hours and it probably has been. Maybe...almost 10 hours, you think at least. Maybe it wasn't even that long, it could of been 30 minutes its just with nothing to do, it feels like forever. You started humming to yourself, wanting to sleep, but every position this fucking chair was uncomfortable. So you hummed and played eye spied which...you spied everything cause there was barely nothing in this stupid ass room. I don't wanna die bored honestly... you thought, groaning in frustration. You look down at the floor and see a cockroach just sitting there.

"Well...eye spy a cockroach," You say, rolling your eyes, "Something new..," It stares at you, doing nothing, just staring it kind of creeped you out,"Alright stop starring at me and go away," you spit on the roach and it starts flying around, now your squirming around in your chair screaming,"AAHHH FUCK NO STOP GET AWAY IM SORRY!!" it then lands on your right arm and just chills there as you sit in disgust and started to cry,"Ugh come on...please get off me, I'm not dead, I just feel...dead inside, can you sense that? whatever...your gross and I do not like you," after a couple of minutes of the cockroach just sitting there, you soon just accepted it,"You know what...I'm starting to enjoy your company, wanna be besties?" it didn't say anything but stayed on your arm,"Yay, your my new bestie...hey why don't I tell you about me, like everything, to get to know each other,"

You then went on and told the cockroach everything, literally everything.

-eleven hours-

"Then I went for a walk and ended here, kidnapped and talking to you which I do like talking to you," You said to the cockroach, which you basically talked to for the time you've been there. You were obviously bored, tired, hungry, thirsty, etc. You were going insane honestly and the cockroach was the only sane place to go too. It was your bestfriend and you named it Guston,"Guston I am really glad that your here because if it wasn't for you, I would probably go insane,"

You in fact, have already gone insane, but you haven't noticed because insane people don't realize it. You think the cockroach is keeping you sane but you just told a cockroach your whole life story. To add to that you pretend it responds to you, you genuinely think it responds to you. Which of course, isn't fucking normal. I mean your basically hallucinating from being dehydrated, hungry, and sleep deprived. no human brain could handle that unless they practiced before which of course, you didn't cause you didn't expect this to happen.

Suddenly, gunshots, banging, people fighting was being heard outside the door. You jumped from being startled by the noises which startled Guston and he started flying around in a panic.

"Guston! It's okay calm down! I'm sure we're being saved," You yell at the cockroach and it lands on the floor, close to your foot and starts running around in a circle,"Guston, it's okay, we have each other," The door suddenly gets kicked open which Guston stops moving and looks at the door. Batman walked through into the room and you smiled with overwhelming joy,"I am so thankful you came! I have been here for knows how long and I honestly really go home!! this chair is very uncomfortable too! I need to move!!" You started blabbering to Batman who didn't say anything just walked over and used his batman boomerang knife thing to cut the ropes to set you free from being attached to the chair. You immediately stood up almost loosing your balance and falling to the floor but Batman held you up with your arms,"Iron deficiency I guess...I'll be fine just need food and water and Guston my best friend cockroach,"

"Are you okay? What did they tell you?" Batman quickly asks, ignoring what you said. You shrug.

"Honestly, I don't remember my brain really feels like mush..though I have never appreciated my life more than I do now," You replied,"My throat feels try..,"

Batman looked a little annoyed by it but held in his anger as he inhaled deeply and exhaled.

"Lets you get water," Batman says, as he begins walking you out, holding you up by your arms and stepping on Guston. Killing him. You immediately screamed, startling Batman, as you get your knees to where Guston was killed and cried.

"GUSTON!!" You cried,"My friend! Compainion....The only person who stuck with me through my darkest moments...,"

You cried, absolutely devastated. Even though he was just a cockroach, who probably didn't actually understood anything you said for the past hours. he stuck with you and was your friend, stayed there and listened to your rambling. That meant alot to you. Batman gently lifted you up from the ground as you kept balling your eyes out.

"We have to go...I am sorry about your uh...friend," Batman says, patting your back, trying to be empathetic as you two walk out and to his batmobile.

"We have to have a funeral..," You cry, as he opens the bat door and sit down in the passenger seat wiping your tears and nose as you sit back in the comfrotable chair,"Finally soft cusion..," You said tiredly as you yawn and eyes start to become heavy..,"I wonder how Bruce is doing..,"

You close your eyes, falling alseep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is another short chapter but yeah. You made a cockroach friend, how do you feel?

Anyways, thank you all for reading!! I hoped you enjoy and have a good day/afternoon/night!! :)

Song of the day: Why am I like this? by Orla Gartland