Chapter two - Relaxing

The walk back home was peaceful, by that you mean, normal Gotham City walk. A man running down naked in the streets screaming some stupid political shit that you don't pay attention too.

You enter your apartment and drop your bags, sighing. You felt a little bad for leaving work because working kinda distracts you from your thoughts but lately it hasn't and has become more exhausting.

Your sister wasn't home yet because it was noon and you and Harper usually don't come home till 7pm. So coming home this early is unusual and it was lunch time so your hungry and don't know what to eat.

You take off your black pilgrim shoes and set them on the shoe rack beside the door. As you head to your room, you feel your phone vibrate in your pocket. You take out and check to see who could be calling you. It was Bruce. Of course you answered.

"Hello?" You say, as you enter your room.

"Did you walk home safely?" He asks, not even saying hello back but no matter.

"Yes I did, I mean I answered," you reply. He chuckles, you smiled, him laughing always made you smile. His voice is also deeper on the phone which makes phone calls with him better.

"Very true but you never what goes on behind the scenes right?" He says as you put him on speaker and set your phone on your dresser.

"You got me there," You reply, taking off your coat and throwing it into your dirty clothes bin and then unbuttoning your shirt.

"How you've been feeling by the way? Mentally I mean," Bruce asks, as you take off my shirt and toss it into the dirty laundry bin,"I feel like I don't ask that enough,"

You breath a little laugh. He wasn't lying, he doesn't ask these types of questions a lot, you usually asked him if your being honest but you preferred that way. Once again you don't like talking about how you feel, you prefer listening to others. Your pretty good at keeping away from the topic though but lately the topic has been harder to avoid. But Bruce doesn't even talk about how he feels either so that's easier.

"I think I'm doing good," You answer, lying as you begin unbuttoning your pants and strip them off, adding them to the bin.

"You think?" Bruce questions. I do think. You thought.

"I feel like not being able to sleep is ruining me but hey it isn't so bad," You say, trying to add a little humor as you change your underwear into new ones and take your socks off.

"Isn't so bad?" He questions, yet again. You were getting a little frustrated with him questioning everything you were saying.

"Why are you interrogating me about this?" You asked, looking through your closet and setting a pair of baggy dark gray sweatpants and a pink, blue, and purple tie dye on your bed,"You usually don't ask these kinds of questions, yet even talk about them, and now you keep questioning everything I'm saying?"

"Because you've been acting different, more different then usual,"He explains as you slip on the baggy sweatpants,"you seem less motivated, less energetic, the things you used to seem excited about don't bring you as much excitement, you seem exhausted not just physically, but mentally," he then sighs,"I'm just worried about you y/n, you don't seem well and I want to help you or at least help you get help,"

All this time you thought you were masking pretty well. Guess the quiet ones are always the most observant. You thought to yourself as you slipped on your oversized sweatshirt and pick up your phone. Maybe you had given little hints that you weren't doing well that you didn't notice. Bruce is very observant and noticed stuff about people or places that you never knew. You should of paid attention to that more but you usually just forget about it.

"Bruce, trust me I'm okay and I'm getting help," You say, half lying. You just wanted him to stop pestering you,"I appreciate your concerns in all but I'm okay, plus you never talk about your feelings so why are you asking me about how I feel when you won't even tell me about how you feel?"

Bruce was silent for a moment. Oh how the turns have tables Bruce. That's not how it goes...

"Why are you turning this against me?" He asks,"Your the one who hasn't gotten sleep!"

"Yeah but your the one with no parents," you quickly say back,"No family?"

You made a reference to the mega mind meme "no bitches". You think it wouldn't be okay to joke about this but your friendship with Bruce is very comfortable to the point where were okay with joking about it to an extent at least.

"Oh come on really? Your parents kicked you out!" Bruce objects,"At least my parents loved me,"

Alright now this is a good time to change the subject. You thought hearing his tone serious and angry, he was not playing.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry," You say, as you pick up your phone off your dresser and lay down in bed,"Bad timing I was trying to joke around but guess were both not in the mood,"

You heard him sigh in frustration. He was seriously worried about you and now you feel bad for trying to make a joke at a bad time.

"It's fine, I just want you to be okay alright?" Bruce says, his tone softer,"I need to know your at least talking to someone even if it's not me," you smile a little at this, feeling like you matter for once,"Now I have a meeting to get too, so please get some sleep and call your doctor,"

"Alright I got it dad," You sarcastically say as you hear Bruce breath a slight laugh. You could tell he was smiling now.

"Goodbye," he says, sweetly and his voice a little deeper.

"Bye," you say back as he quickly hangs up after. You then scroll through instagram for a bit and then turned off your phone, placing it on your dresser next to your bed and then lay your head down on your pillow, starring at the ceiling. Thinking. After a few seconds, you thought too deep and began crying. Crying yourself to sleep.

———————————————————————————

This story going to be depressing and dark like Batman cause like why not.
Anyways thanks for reading hope you enjoyed!!

Song of the day: Don't Mine At Night - Minecraft parody of Katy perry "last Friday night"