Chapter Five - Jealous

You enter the building, walk up the 4 flight of stairs and go to your apartment. You open the door to be immediately greeted and hugged by Harper.

"I knew you were going on a walk but you were gone so fucking long!! Are you okay?" She asks, her eyes puffy. You nod your head 'yes' in response.

"I met Batman," You say, straight to the point. Her face quickly becoming dumbfounded.

"What?! Batman?!" She asks, surprised,"What the fuck happened?! Did you almost get killed or something?!"

"Well...almost but Batman saved me and drove me home!" You explained, maybe a little to excited about it. Harper looked at you, absolutely dumbfounded by how excited you were.

"What the fuck y/n," She says, and hugs you again,"Never fucking do that shit again,"

"Well I didn't know it was going to fucking happen," You defend yourself. Why does everybody think I did that shit on purpose?? Yes, I summoned a bunch of clown men to come and kill me so I can get a drive home from Batman, a well thought out plan.

"I know I know just be more careful, Gotham isn't the safest place to be at night," Harper says, sighing,"But I'm glad Batman was there, now I'm exhausted from crying about YOU for like half an hour so goodnight!!"

Harper walks to her.

"Goodnight!" You say, as she slams her door. You sigh and sit on the couch, leaning back. What a weird day. You thought to yourself. Bruce basically asked you out and then you got to meet the vigilante himself, The Batman. Honestly coolest part of your day.

You feel your phone suddenly vibrate in your pocket as you take it out and answer the call, already knowing it's Bruce.

"How was the doctors?" He asks, almost immediately.

"Went fine, prescribed some sleeping medications and what not," You replied,"But guess what just happened?"

"What?" Bruce asks, seeming curious but not curious enough.

"So I went for a walk after the doctors,"you begin explaining,"I began to zone out while walking and got myself stuck in an ally way where a group of three men, all wearing the same hoodies, and all having clown face paint on,"

"That's sound terrifying," Bruce comments.

"It was but just wait it gets better," You keep explaining,"One of the guys was going to stab me with a knife until, mister dark night himself, Batman jumps over the big wall that stopped me and beat the shit out of the crazy clown men! I don't know if they were just knocked or dead but no matter Batman stopped them!"

"No way!" Bruce says, sounding surprised, you felt it was a little fake but didn't care so much.

"Yes way! Then he drove me home and yeah," You say,"I got to meet the Batman,"

"Wow, that's so cool," Bruce says,"I mean not you getting trapped and almost getting killed but meeting Batman,"

You laugh a little.

"Yeah, he kinda reminded me of you in some way," You admitted, hearing his breathing change through the speaker of your phone,"Like he's kinda quiet and reserved but had this comfortable aurora around him, it was weird, he seemed familiar but I just don't know how,"

Bruce laughed a little sounded like a nervous laughter.

"I'm honored to be resembled to Batman," he says,"I am very glad your safe though, just please be careful and know where your going,"

"Yeah I know but it was so fucking cool to meet Batman, always thought he was cool as fuck," You say, laughing at yourself,"And possibly a little hot,"

"Excuse me?" Bruce says, more surprised at this than me meeting Batman,"You think Batman is hot? You haven't even seen his face!"

"So? He seems like an attractive guy, I mean," You go on explaining,"I liked his eyes, he had a body built like a god, I mean like come on Bruce, I'm sure if you saw him in person you would think the same thing,"

Bruce hums. You could sense some uncomfortableness lingering in the room. Is this a weird topic for Bruce? Something was just completely off about him when you started talking about Batman. You felt like you shouldn't be telling him that Batman is hot.

"I'm going to tell Batman," He suddenly says. You were taken back by this.

"What? How the fuck are you going to do that?" You ask,"Last time I checked, you never met Batman,"

"Pfft it will be easy! I'll just do what you did," He says, you furrow your eyebrows,"Get trapped in an alley way and almost get killed by crazy clown men,"

"I don't know if that's a good plan Bruce," you say, laughing a little,"What if he doesn't come? What if the bat signal isn't up?"

"Oh, I'll make sure it's up," He replies, his voice becoming deeper. You knew he was trying to be threatening with his tone but it was funny to say the least.

You roll your eyes as you scoff.

"Or you could literally just summon him with your money," You say, now thinking that isn't good,"Invite him to the gala or some shit! Hm...maybe not I don't think he's that type of guy,"

"It kinda sounds like you want me to tell him?" Bruce questions. You get flustered.

"No no I was just throwing ideas out there for no reason," You reply, feeling a little embarrassed,"He'll hate those events anyways,"

"Right," Bruce replies, not saying anything more. He seemed to be acting weird about the topic of Batman. You could definitely tell he was hiding something but what could it be? That he actually knows Batman, that would be funny,"It's getting late, you should sleep,"

"What?" You say, confused,"It's only 7pm,"

"Yeah, late, get some sleep," He says, his tone serious,"Take care of yourself and see you tomorrow,"

He then hangs up before letting you say anything. You sigh and get up, going to your room, shutting the door, and then laying on your bed, starring at the ceiling.

Bruce had never acted in that way before, well only when you two first met and we're getting to know each other. He has never acted weirdly about such a topic before. You don't talk about Batman a lot if at all, you brought it once a year ago and he seemed chill but this was different. It's just very strange to you. He was hiding something from you and you wanted to figure it out but felt that would be invading his space and privacy. I'll just ignore it for now. You thought to yourself as you scroll through your phone.

———————————————————————————

Shorter chapter yuh yuh. Also I wanted to thank you guys for the support!! I got 91 views and 10 votes!! That is amazing!! :)) so thank you for all the support and love for this FF!!
Anyways thank you for reading!! Hoped you enjoyed :))

Song of the day: School rooftop (slowed down version) by Hisohkah, WMD