Chapter six - BATMAN?!

-the next day-

You didn't go to sleep till 5am and then woke up at 9am. You just couldn't stop thinking about Bruce and what he's hiding from you. You just couldn't get it out of your head, you were wondering how Batman and Bruce could be connected. Maybe you said something wrong durning the conversation without realizing. Is he mad at me? Does he hate me? You know he tried acting normal but you could tell something was up, something was different.

You get up from your bed and check your phone too see no calls from Bruce or anything. Now your panicking. God I really fucked up! You thought as you went out into the living room and started pacing back and fourth, hearing the floor creaks.

You were thinking, wondering, going deep in your thoughts, too deep. You thought about everything you said to Bruce yesterday, trying to think of the change of tone. It would be easier to tell how he felt in person because then you could base it off tone, expression, and body language. But you only had tone which made this even harder. You groaned in frustration as tears begin forming in your eyes.

"Fuck this shit!" You yell as you grab an empty glass cup and throw it across the room only to have someone catch it. It was Batman. You were startled by his sudden appearance,"What the fuck are you doing here?! How did you even get in here?!"

"The window," he replies calmly, his voice still very deep. He sets the glass cup on a nearby table,"Why are you just throwing cups in your apartment? Why are you crying?"

You roll your eyes as you wipe a tear that was coming down the side of your cheek.

"Ugh I seriously don't feel like being fucking interrogated right now!" You say, frustrated, upset, and angry,"Why the fuck are you even here?!"

He gives you a serious straight face expression as his voice remains deep and monotone. Once again you felt that familiar aurora.

"I wanted to see if you were okay after yesterday," Batman replies,"Seems like your not,"

"Yeah no I'm not!" You yell, starting to pace again,"I am frustrated and annoyed! I want to shut my thoughts up so I don't overthink ever little tiny convo I have with people!" Tears began flowing down your cheeks,"what the fuck is wrong with me?!" You then sit on the couch, lean back, and lay your head back looking up at the ceiling, crying. Batman walks over and stand across from you, staring, clearly not equipped for emotions as strong as yours. You look at him,"Is this a weird therapy session?"

"No," he quickly replies, then there was a moment of silence,"Maybe,"

You scoff and look away in annoyance.

"I'm not going to talk to a fucking man dressed up as a cool gothic badass bat who fights crime and shit," You explain,"I don't even fucking know you...even though you seem familiar," you weren't even scared of him, that's how familiar he was, you felt you could be yourself,"Ugh why are you even wasting your fucking time with me? Don't you gotta like I don't know fight crime or something? Go do that, leave me be,"

Batman was silent for a moment thinking.

"Sure, but I also help others who are in distress," He replies. You look at him again, still having the same old Batman expression but it seemed softer. You sigh as you lift your legs up so your feet rest on the edge of your couch and you hug your knees closer to your chest.

"I think my friend hates me for talking about Batman aka you," You said, feeling stupid your talking to a fucking vigilante about this. You looked at Batman and see his expression changed. He looked a little surprised.

"Why?" He asks, his voice becoming softer, still deep but less serious.

"That's the thing, I don't know," You explain, placing your head between your knees,"He just started acting weird like he was hiding something and it seems like I pissed him off, I know it's only been like one fucking night but..," you pause,"He didn't call me this morning or anything. I'm going to see him at 1pm so I'll find an answer or I don't know, I'm just overthinking it, he probably is busy and I'm just being selfish. Ugh! I just feel like I really fucked up,"

You couldn't believe you were talking to Batman about how you feel. He just for some odd reason made you feel safe and comfortable. Of course Bruce did too but you just get an extra good vibe from Batman. Maybe I have a thing for vigilantes. You thought now feeling weird thinking that. Alright shut up y/n.

"Talk to him," Batman replies, saying nothing else. You furrow my eyebrows when looking at him.

"Sure but like what if he gets mad at me?" You ask, knowing that it was stupid to think that but it was a fear of yours.

For some reason Batman seemed offended by this.

"Has he got mad at you before for doing such?" He asks. You shrug.

"No..," You reply,"He's always respectful and understanding..,"

"Then you have nothing too worry about," He says, giving a gentle smile which seemed more familiar than anything. You smile back.

"Yeah..I guess your right," You reply, still feeling unsure but you felt a little better about it. Suddenly a beep is heard from Batman's watch as he quickly stands up,"You gotta go fight crime?"

"Yes," He replies, you could tell he hold a back a laugh. He then quickly leaves before you could even say a thank you.

You sigh as you checked the time. It was 12:36pm. So you get up feeling a little relieved. You entered your room and change into some loose light gray sweatpants and a cropped top with an oversized jacket and some slip on vans. You feel your phone vibrate in your pocket, once.

Messages:

Bruce:
I'll be there in 10 minutes

You:
Seems a bit early

Bruce:
Your never to early

You:
Wise words 😌🙏

Bruce:
Thank you
I know
I'm a wise man

You:
You can be when you try

Bruce:
Better than never being wise

You:
Touché

End

You smiled reading the messages feeling happy again. He seemed like his normal self and treating you normally. You felt even more relieved now.

———————————————————————————

okay wait I have a question that I just thought of 5 minutes ago. How did Batman get in and out of his suit so quickly? That thing looks heavy and seems to have a lot shit added to it. So how tf he so quick?! It takes me about 30 minutes to an hour to put an outfit like that on. HOW?!
ALSO I JUST REALIZED SOMETHING HILARIOUS!! So like ya know when Batman said "the window" that is a fucking quote from twilight. Cause in twilight Bella asked Edward "how did you get in here?" And Edward replied with "The window" while smiling like a fucking idiot. That....that is so fucking funny to me, I think I'm funny, I'm sorry.
Anyways, thank you guys for reading!! Hoped you enjoyed! :)

Second Song of the day: I'm Tired - From "Euphoria" An HBO Original Series by Labrinth, Zendaya