Chapter fiftheen - Its Gala Time! Pt. 2

You walked to the restroom (your preferred restroom). You entered the restroom and went to the sinks. You lean your hands against the counter and wipe your tears, looking in the mirror and seeing your mascara running. Fuck. You were just so upset with Bruce and how he treated, you don't even know why he treated you like that, he's never done that before. You came here to spend time with him and distract yourself but I guess it wasn't that easy.

The bathroom door swings open and you turn to see Lee, having a purse in hand. They walk over to you.

"Hey, are you okay? I saw you and Bruce talking, look likes you two were arguing," Lee says, placing a hand on your shoulder,"Sorry if I snooped I just wanted to see if your okay,"

You sigh as you turn so your back in leaning against the counter.

"You were right, Bruce is a little difficult I guess..he got mad at me for talking to you," You complain,"I just don't understand, we're such good friends but now that I'm his fucking date to this thing, he suddenly acts like a controlling douche and kinda acting like a...alpha male or some shit,"

Lee scrunches their nose in disgust.

"Ew, I hate when men do that," Lee replies, as they open their bag and start taking out mascara and other makeup products. You turned your hole body towards them.

"What are you doing?" You ask, kinda knowing the answer but wanted to ask anyways. Lee turns to you with makeup wipes.

"Helping you get fixed up," Lee says with a kind smile,"Now close your eyes and talk to me about Bruce," you nod your head 'yes' and closed your eyes as they began gently wiping your eyes and face with the makeup wipe,"Has he ever acted like this before?"

"No, he is usually respects me and my space," you explained as Lee throws the makeup wipe they were just using away and gets new one,"And it's just...ugh, this has never happened before, he has never acted so weird, I only came here cause I wanted to spend time with him and distract myself," Lee was doing wiping your makeup off and grabs the concealer applying it under your eyes,"I don't want something like this to ruin our friendship, he's one of the best people and only people I know and love in this place, and I already almost lost my sister to suicide yesterday and I just..ugh this week has been so hard,"

I tried fighting back tears as Lee stops applying the concealer and hands me a tissue.

"I'm sorry you had such a hard week, your feelings are completely valid and I can understand why you feel this way," Lee places their hand on your shoulder,"I think, you should go out there, and set your boundaries with him and make sure he apologizes! You care about him clearly and want to keep the friendship you have, so just go out and talk to him," Lee then starts applying concealer again,"Plus, I'll be your new bestie,"

You smile and giggle.

"Your right, I think I'll do that," You replied as they took out their eyeshadow pallet,"Thank you, I appreciate you listening,"

"Of course!" Lee replies with a kind smile as you two just started talking about others as they fix your makeup. Once Lee was done you excited the bathroom looking for Bruce.

You walk back to the bar but he wasn't there. You looked around, seeing the crowds of people. I ain't going to find him in this mess. You sighed as your stomach grumbled. Ugh whatever I'm hungry. You walked over to the buffet and grabbed a plate. You got some mashed potatoes, an Italian sandwich, and some potato salad. You felt someone tap your shoulder and turned around to face Bruce. He looked worried and guilty as shit. You looked at him with a straight face.

"Hi," He said, softly. He looked hesitant to say something.

"Don't you have something to say to me?" You ask him, implying that he needs to apologize for being a dick. There was silence as his eyes got sadder,"Bruce if you have nothi-,"

"I'm sorry," he interrupts. You raise an eyebrow.

"Sorry for what?" You ask, not letting him just getting away with a sorry. You wanted an explanation, you wanted to hear him apologize.

"I'm sorry for being controlling, I'm sorry for getting mad at you for just talking to someone, I'm sorry for not trusting you, I'm sorry for calling you whore," Bruce says, his eyes full of guilt,"I shouldn't have you treated that way, you don't deserve that kind of treatment and nothing could justify it,"

You nod your head slowly in approval.

"Alright, I'll accept your apology," You replied as his face seemed to relax with relief and he smiles,"But you lost some trust and respect from me Bruce so don't do it again okay? I value or relationship and don't want to lose it,"

"I don't want to either, I really like you y/n and your the best thing that has ever happened to me," Bruce says, you were little taken back by this,"I am just so sorry for the way I treated you and I will never do it again,"

"You better not," You replied, than paused,"But I like you too Bruce..like more than a friend but I don't think we should be together yet, after that whole situation," you sigh,"I don't think a relationship like that is good for us yet, cause once again you lost some trust and respect from me after that, so it's going to be a bit to get that trust and respect back up,"

Bruce sighs in disappointment but nods his head 'yes', understanding.

"Alright, that is valid," Bruce replies, than smiles at you,"Your right, we should wait,"

You smile at him.

"We can negotiate it, that's a good sign," You replied,"you get food and I'll go find us a seat,"

You walk away from him and head to the tables. You find an empty spot which has three seats but that didn't matter. You quickly run over and place your plate no the table, claiming the table. You then sit down and begin to eat your mashed potatoes.

You were glad you and Bruce could negotiate the conflict. Let's just hope it doesn't happen again. You didn't understand what came over him in that moment and what motivated him to just call you a 'whore' but you both will past it and hopefully Bruce learns his lesson and becomes better than that. You really do value your friendship with Bruce and would hate for it to end over something as stupid as that.

You see Bruce make his way with not much on his plate, just a BLT sandwich. You assumed he isn't that hungry. He takes the seat across from you.

"How's the food?" He asks.

"It's amazing," you replied, putting your hand over your mouth because you had food in your mouth. Bruce chuckles.

"Good to hear," He replies, taking a bite of his sandwich. He chews and swallows,"how are you liking the place?"

You took a bite of your potato salad, chewed, and swallowed it before answering.

"Um...very crowded and lots of rich privileged old people here it seems like," you explained,"A lot of the people here seem homophobic, racist, sexist, xenophobia, etc.,"

Bruce nods slowly in agreement.

"You aren't wrong, a lot of the men here are very sexists towards women and even themselves," Bruce explains, his tone disappointing,"A lot of them are very rude, and fucking annoying if I'm being honest,"

"I'm sure it is," you replied, feeling bad that Bruce almost has to deal with this everyday, you couldn't even imagine.

You sit in silence as Bruce stares off into the crowd. He looked like he staring daggers into someone. You turn your head to see who he may be looking at. You make eye contact with a big fat man. Is that penis?...nah that would be funny. It's Penguin.

———————————————————————————

Hello, I'm in my car waiting for school to start, which in like 5 minutes so yea.
Thank you all for reading!! And thank you 2K reads!! That is fucking awesome like seriously. Thank you all so much for the support!! Yes I will say thank you as many times as I want cause the support is just crazy :))
Have a wonderful day/afternoon/night!! Hoped you enjoyed!! :))

Song of the day: the man who can't be moved by the script