Chapter fourteen - Its Gala Time!

A/N (author notes):
The picture I used for this chapter is what Bruce is wearing to the gala.

———————————————————————————

You walk down the stairs, wearing the outfit you chose for the gala, with makeup and jewelry added to it. Bruce waited at the bottom of the stairs, looking fine as fuck. He has been holding back on his stylish suits. I mean still his usual black and white colors but just black. Extra emo.

Bruce wore a black button up dress shirt, with a black tie around the collar, a black double button up jack that almost was like a trench coat but shorter. He wore black trousers that kinda sagged at the bottom and black, platform, doc martins, the low rise ones. His hair was also gelled and he wore a silver chain necklace and some small, golden, earrings. Damn, Mr. Wayne? More like Mr. Fine. Alright, shut up y/n, chillax. You did feel he held back a lot of his fashion choices.

"You look....gorgeous," Bruce says, as you looked at you up down with eyes that screamed 'the most beautiful thing in the world'. You blushed at this as you put a strand of hair behind your ear.

"Thank you," You replied, as you smiled,"You look emo,"

Bruce frowned and rolled his eyes, clearly annoyed by you always making that joke.

"I tried on this outfit you know!" He says, of course taking it as a joke,"Why do you always call me emo? I'm not emo,"

You laugh at his reaction.

"Being emo isn't a bad thing Bruce chill out," You replied,"You do look good though, very attractive,"

You see Bruce's face immediately turn red as you complimented him. He clears his throat and tried to look away casually, hiding his face. But it wasn't casual at all.

"Thank you," He replies, keeping his tone low and serious but you could see a smile creeping up. You smirk. I think I'll take advantage of this moment.

"Are you blushing?" You ask, slowly walking over to him as he keeps his head turned away. You could see him tense up.

"N-No!" He says, obviously lying,"This suit is just..erm..warm..,"

You roll your eyes.

"Mhm, sure Bruce," You replied,"To afraid to admit your feelings, huh?"

"A man never reveals how he feels," Bruce replies as his back is now turned towards you. You didn't know if this was a joke or not. You didn't really like it because you didn't believe in that sort of thing.

You give a disapproving look as you walk around to face him.

"A man should be able to express his feelings because a man is a human," You explain, your tone serious but soft,"And it's normal for a human to have feelings,"

Bruce face was just pink now, though the pink was fading. He gave you a sweet smiled as you both stared at each other in silence for a minute.

"Your a good person," He suddenly says. You blink at him and then smile as you blush.

"I try my best," You replied, realizing you too are a little close and you take a step back,"Now, should we get going?"