Chapter 4

Leaving the company is the best and worst decision I ever made.

Best, because I'm in peace. I'm not scared anymore. Even if my boss know that it was me who was with him that night, he will not find me anymore. What for? Why will he find me? I am a man and as he said he will never be in a relationship with a man. Maybe, he both feel relieve as me because we cannot see each other anymore.

Worst, because I miss him. I miss his presence, his face, his voice, his cold stare. I miss everything about him.

I heaved a deep sigh and stare at myself in the mirror. As usual, I look like a zombie or someone that anytime will collapse. I have dark circle under my eyes, I look stress and I loss weight.

I'm still adjusting in my work in BPO industry. The work time, where in I feel like I'm slowly becoming a vampire because I'm in a graveyard shift. The kind of costumer I'm dealing everyday make me feel like I change a lot. I mean,  I'm use to be a goody-goody person. I can't even curse, but now, I did. The stress that my customers giving me is really something. They change not only the way I look but also some aspect in me. I can curse within even blinking an eye or feeling guilty. I'm even thinking of smoking to relieve my stress. Luckily, I can still restrain myself, but I don't know, until when.

"Are you sure you're okay? Can you go to your work?" Aya asked me as she seriously look at me. Aya is the only person who know what is the real reason why I left the company. She is also the person who help me to get a new job. She's still working with Magnus. She's reporting me from time to time what is happening in the company as if I really need to know it. And the latest news she reported to me is that, Magnus stop being in relationship of different woman. Reason? No one knows.

Also, Magnus did not hired any secretary as per Aya. He manage his own schedule and asked Aya to help him from time to time. Aya, on the other hand is asking some help from me on how she can do somethings that Magnus asked her to do. Somehow, I felt guilty. Magnus is not a kind of person who can easily trust anyone. Even his past relationships, he did not trust those girl.

"You want an honest answer?"

"Of course Quinn!"

I laugh. Aya is mad again. I lazly sit on the couch. "I don't want to. I feel so lazy today and all I want is to lay on my bed and sleep. But we both know that I can't do that. I'm still under probationary period. I still have four months to go."

"But you look like a shit."

"Do I look like I care about it?"

"No, but I did. So, make a call to your TL and tell him that you will be absent today because you are not feeling weel. After that, we will go the hospital."

"But, there...."

"No but's Quinn. Just call you tm or tl or supervisor or who ever you can contact. Report to them that you are sick and after that we will go to the hospital."

I scratch my head and nod. As if I can say no to Aya. Goodluck to my wallet. My money is only enough for my food expenses until my next salary which rh 10 days from now. I hope the doctor fee is not that expensive.

I did what Aya said. I called my team leader that I am sick. She asked me to provide a medical certificate so that it will not affect my attendance as she can file it as excuse.

The street is crowded. Traffic are intense. It's still early, so this is expected. 9pm is still a rush hour as malls are starting to close and employees are going home.

Looking outside the window, I start thinking of what is my condition is. What I feel these past days and weeks.

Aside from lost of appettite, I also feel dizzy when I woke up. Well, I think that's normal, when you woke up hungry or sleeping without eating anything. Sleeping will not give you enough energy if you don't eat anything before you sleep. Not to mention that I am deadly tired. I'm drained that I can't even eat when I arrive home. I can't even change my clothes. Once I lay down in my bed, I instantly feel sleep. I sleep like a dead person.

I also crave for some weird food combination. Like apple deep in gravy, mango ang gravy, porridge with gravy. If I can't eat what my mouth want, I'll be in bad mood until I can eat it. I also ate a lot. Before I can only eat 1 cup of rice, but now, I can eat 2 or 3 cup of rice. Because of that, I gained weight.

After an hour, we finally arrive in the hospital. The place is not crowded as I expected. Aya headed to the front desk. I stay close to her.

"Walk straight and turn left. Miss Niq's clinic is on the end of the corridor."

"Thanks." Aya said then she turned her head to me and grab my hand. "Let's go."

Aya followed what's the front dest lady instructed and we ended up in front of an OB Gyn clinic.

"Are you pregnant?" I confusedly look at Aya.

"I hope so, but I'm not."

"Then, why are we here?"

"Becaue of you."

"I'm not pregnant."

"You're not sure Quinn. You're an omega, in case you forgot it. And omega can get pregnant."

"I don't forget that. But I'm sure I'm not pregnant."

"That's why we're here. For us to know if you are pregnan or not."

"For sure I'm not. I mean, that night, I'm not in he...."

"You're not also sure of that. You are drank remember."

"Maybe I..."

"Stop that maybe. We need to make sure that you are pregnant."

"Okay."

We enter the clinic. The doctor immediately do a test on me. She even asked me about my lovelife and sex life. It's awkward but I still answer it. She asked us to wait for 30 minutes for the result.

I'm nervous. I have a lot if what if in my mind. What if I'm pregnant? What if I have Magnus child inside me? Should I tell him? What if he deny it?

Should I raise it alone? Can I do that? Can I provide him or here everything? Can I give him or her a comfortable life?

After 30 minutes, the result came in. The doctor smile at me and give tell us the result that change my whole life.

"Congratulation! You are two months pregnant!"